"Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has died at the age of 61... TMZ Sports has learned.

Piper -- born Roderick George Toombs -- passed away from natural causes at a home in Hollywood.

Piper was a wrestling icon -- one of the biggest stars in the WWE back in the '80s, and even wrestled in "Wrestlemania I" back in 1985 ... squaring off against Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/31/roddy-piper-dead-dies-wwe-wrestler-cancer/#ixzz3hVeVoiJC

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/31/roddy...31/roddy-piper-dead-dies-wwe-wrestler-cancer/

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoa!

Stunned!

One of the all-time greats in wrestling when you include everything from wrestling skills, to mic skills, to announcing skills.

Very sad... :(

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Piper was one of those wrestlers who never needed to be a world champion in any of the major federations to be recognized as an all-time great.

burmafrd

Reaction score
cancer. Wonder if the steroids he took came back to haunt him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy moly I just saw this. Wow I'm stunned. He was absolutely one of my favorites from back in the day. Incredibly sad news.

He is survived by his wife, Kitty, and four children, and one grandchild. Condolences to them all.

file-186665-4-rowdy-roddy-piper-146227.jpg

Top 50 villains in wrestling history - #1 Rowdy Roddy Piper

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/top-50-wrestling-villains/page-51

Really looking forward to the Piper tribute next Monday on Raw.

Route 66

Reaction score
I've always liked this guy and I will always remember the movie fight scene in "They Live". :(

Nomad

Reaction score
That's sad. He was one of the few wrestlers left from the '80s, the ones I liked as a little kid. I loved the Scottish bagpipe entrance.

And They Live is great.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's sad. He was one of the few wrestlers left from the '80s, the ones I liked as a little kid. I loved the Scottish bagpipe entrance.

And They Live is great.

And here I was thinking, "Geez we haven't lost that many guys from the 70's & 80's" outside of those that died young due to apparent drug use or murder, and now with Dusty's passing and Hot Rod's the ranks will no doubt thin quickly.

I mean we still have:
-Bruno
-Superstar Graham
-The Funks
-The Brisco's
-Flair
-Harley Race
-Backlund
-Stan Hansen
-Larry Zbyszko
-Snuka
-Ricky Steamboat
-Blackjack Mulligan
-Nick Bockwinkle

And I'm sure there are many more still around.