Roy E Williams appreciation thread

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just wanted to give this guy some major props and I can't wait until he gets more time in this offense.

I also have some Questions?

Is anyone out there still not happy we traded for him? Is anyone not happy he will be a Cowboy for the next 10 years? Not proven enough for ya?

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
i missed the game yesterday, does anyone have a video of his so called "circus catch"?

links18

Reaction score
The guy has what 3 catches so far? Let's wait to see him with Romo before annointing him. The main reason he was brought here is to try to draw coverage off of TO. IF TO's production goes up as a result of Roy, that will be a good measure of the value of the trade.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Since it looks like we'll miss the playoffs this year, what was the value in trading for him? He would have been a free agent in 2009 unless he was franchised. Wouldn't it be nice to have a #1 pick AND RW11?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
links18;2396161 said:
The guy has what 3 catches so far? Let's wait to see him with Romo before annointing him. The main reason he was brought here is to try to draw coverage off of TO. IF TO's production goes up as a result of Roy, that will be a good measure of the value of the trade.

I could care less if TO's production goes up or not.

TO drawing double coverage benefits Roy more than it does anything else.

Double cover TO all you want. Focus on taking him out of the game. Fine by me.

Roy Williams WILL just eat you alive.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Word Mofo;2396162 said:
Since it looks like we'll miss the playoffs this year, what was the value in trading for him? He would have been a free agent in 2009 unless he was franchised. Wouldn't it be nice to have a #1 pick AND RW11?

Detroit WOULD have franchised him and then traded him.

There is no way they would just let him walk.

links18

Reaction score
CATCH17;2396170 said:
I could care less if TO's production goes up or not.

TO drawing double coverage benefits Roy more than it does anything else.

Double cover TO all you want. Focus on taking him out of the game. Fine by me.

Roy Williams WILL just eat you alive.

Well, I hope you are right....

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Nors loves him....oh no he doesn't he thinks Crayton is as good. LOL

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I like Roy Williams, but he is not worth what we gave up. He most likely will not help this year. We could have signed in after the season and kept our soon to be top 10-15 pick.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I am happy we have him and cannot wait to see what this offense looks like with Romo and Jones back.

Gmonkey21

Reaction score
I would love to give some appreciation to Roy, however, there are other issues at play.

1. Our offensive line is, well, offensive...
2. Our backup qb has happy feet, accuracy issues and a rag arm to boot.
3. Our playcaller-in-chief has yet to figure this out and gameplan around our obvious shortcomings!

To be fair to Roy11, let's see if we can remedy a few of the above calamaties first.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I loved this trade from the gate and I love it more and more with every catch he makes.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I'm certainly not sold on the guy yet. He hasn't done nearly enough for this to be considered a good trade. I think he's a good player, but that we gave up too much for him. If that was the only asking price, I personally would have passed and waited until the offseason.

I'm rooting for him, for sure, but he's got a heavy burden on him to live up to what we gave up for him.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
links18;2396161 said:

Owens has been much more open; that's all you need to know. The problem is that Willimas and T.O. have only played together with a backup QB who can't get them the ball. That's not the receivers fault. And if you want objective proof, just look at Witten's declining productivity with the same backup QBs. When Romo comes back things will change. I promise! :D

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
links18;2396161 said:

T.O.? why is it about helpin him? he needs to help himself.....he cant get off his SINGLE coverage press coverages and those 3 catches RW11 has.. T.O. probably would have dropped...

and NO im not a T.O. basher...hes one of my favorites on the team...but hes getting thrashed by average CBs

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2396565 said:
I like Roy Williams, but he is not worth what we gave up. He most likely will not help this year. We could have signed in after the season and kept our soon to be top 10-15 pick.

just saying...............he has already helped us. did he not catch the TD that helped us win the Tampa game?:D

he is proven in this league. him and Tony are going to be a force together. well worth

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
dadymat;2396666 said:
T.O.? why is it about helpin him? he needs to help himself.....he cant get off his SINGLE coverage press coverages and those 3 catches RW11 has.. T.O. probably would have dropped...

and NO im not a T.O. basher...hes one of my favorites on the team...but hes getting thrashed by average CBs

Yesterday he scores on the slant if BJ doesn't throw it to the wrong team.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
CATCH17;2396143 said:
I just wanted to give this guy some major props and I can't wait until he gets more time in this offense.

I also have some Questions?

Is anyone out there still not happy we traded for him? Is anyone not happy he will be a Cowboy for the next 10 years? Not proven enough for ya?

I was very happy when we signed him. But to judge the signing is a little bit too early.

What makes me smile everytime he touches the ball is that he really can catch. Just nice to watch especially when you are used to TO ;-)

Another plus is that he just doesn't seem to have nerves at all. He looks to me that preassure is an unknown word for him. He just catches balls.

But where i want to wait with my final judgement is can he step up and be a leader. Be vocal be a fighter. He looks to me like he is a great WR but sometimes i can't tell if he is on the field or not. But maybe as he gets used to the system and feels more as a part of the team he will change his behavior (like Zach Thomas).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2396868 said:
I was very happy when we signed him. But to judge the signing is a little bit too early.

What makes me smile everytime he touches the ball is that he really can catch. Just nice to watch especially when you are used to TO ;-)

Another plus is that he just doesn't seem to have nerves at all. He looks to me that preassure is an unknown word for him. He just catches balls.

But where i want to wait with my final judgement is can he step up and be a leader. Be vocal be a fighter. He looks to me like he is a great WR but sometimes i can't tell if he is on the field or not. But maybe as he gets used to the system and feels more as a part of the team he will change his behavior (like Zach Thomas).

So true. It's great seeing a WR actually go up and catch the ball with his HANDS the way a WR is supposed to.

And Galloway was just saying that Roy was upset yesterday in the locker room that he wasn't in the game more often. Surely he will be after the bye.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm as proud of him as if he were my own [strike]son[/strike] client. :D