Roy Hits Calico Avatar

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Much thanks to Jack D. for making that wonderful video. Here is the animated gif I ripped out of it. So if you see any Skins and Titans fans sporting their avatar of Roy being stiff armed, just use this avatar to remind him that he returned the favor.

roy_hits_calico_small.gif

- Mike G.

AJM1613

Reaction score
That's a hit? He draged him out of bounds while his feet were set.

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
That's a hit? He draged him out of bounds while his feet were set.

He hurt him by just draggin him out of bounds, lol

And, why are you talking?? Do you want somebody to dig up the Pinkston video?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous...it wasn't even a "hit" He dragged the guy down by his shoulder pads as he was going out of bounds. Trust me, that "hit" isn't going to make it on the ESPN highlights.

And as an aside, yeah, just how we want to identify this site...by showing clips of guys on other teams being injured.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Juke99 said:
This is getting ridiculous...it wasn't even a "hit" He dragged the guy down by his shoulder pads as he was going out of bounds. Trust me, that "hit" isn't going to make it on the ESPN highlights.

And as an aside, yeah, just how we want to identify this site...by showing clips of guys on other teams being injured.

I agree Juke. I don't see anything to be proud of from that.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
it wasn't a big "hit" (ie. Scott had a big hit in the game) but he manhandled him at the end. Either way the "avatar" needs to be zomed in and just show the part where Calico was tossed like a rag doll.

but to be honest, i have animated GIFs & avatars disabled (as do many) :)

AJM1613

Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
He hurt him by just draggin him out of bounds, lol

And, why are you talking?? Do you want somebody to dig up the Pinkston video?

Lol, Pinkston, I don't care.

Do you want me to drag up the Westbrook video? :eek:

JDSmith

Reaction score
I didn't even consider that a hit and I surely won't act glad that a guy got injured on a routine play. If Roy wanted to 'return the favor' he would have drilled the RB, not dragged a WR out of bounds.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
chinch said:
it wasn't a big "hit" (ie. Scott had a big hit in the game) but he manhandled him at the end. Either way the "avatar" needs to be zomed in and just show the part where Calico was tossed like a rag doll.

but to be honest, i have animated GIFs & avatars disabled (as do many) :)

Don't want to add to a very tasteless topic but Calico was injured on the play and is having arthroscopic surgery on his knee. Hopefully he will return to play soon.

Hardly cause for celebration. The avatar and this topic needs to go away. As others have stated, this nonsense has no place on the board.

Would the original poster please remove it?

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
mickgreen58 said:
Co-signers....

Got to love them!!!

- Mike G.

Not sure what ya mean by that, but whatever makes ya happy.

I just don't see anything about that play to make me happy. Calico wasa basically out of bounds during a pre-season game. Roy was lucky to have not gotten a flag for that. It wasn't a hard hit or all that impressive of a take down.

There's no feather in Roy's cap for that play at all. Injuring an opposing player in an inconsequenstial pre-season game when the guy was clearly heading out of bounds is not a thing to get excited about IMO. We'd want Roy's rep to be a tough player, not a dirty player.

It in no way makes up for getting stiff-armed earlier. that was a good play by Brown, and it happens. That whole "you embarrassed me, so I'm gonna hurt someone else" is an attitude that just seems silly to me. To think that Roy intentionally tried to hurt Calico is also pretty dumb.

Being proud of the fact that Roy made a completely pedestrian play that resulted in an injury shows a lack of class to me.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
I can't get over how fragile the psyches can be that anyone would really care if a Commanders fan or an Eagles fan etc has a clip showing an uncomplimentary moment for a player - who really gives a rat's arse? Does that make Williams any less of a player? Of course not. I consider it a compliment that they feel they have to show the avatar in order to try to bring him down - they're complimenting the guy without knowing it. After all, it's taken over two years to find something - ha ha.

Let's see how many avatars you see of Powell getting toasted. You won't see it since who cares what Powell does - he hasn't done anything in the league. If that were Newman, however, you'd see a dozen guys with it in their sigs and avatars.

Life goes on boys and girls.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The avatar is was never made to celebrate a player getting injured. I just felt Roy Williams made a nice play on a reverse and as always, he goes full speed and made a nice play.

But if that makes me a classless individual, then I guess I am guilty!!!

- Mike G.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Erik,

I agree with most of what you had to say except the part about Roy being lucky not to have gotten a foul and Calico being out of bounds. Yeah, he was out of bounds at the time he went spread eagled but Roy had clearly gotten to him in bounds - going out of bounds was a continuation of the play. I didn't see anything wrong there at all - Calico just had the misfortune of getting injured in a meaningless play. It happens.

I agree with the rest you had to say, however.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reef Engineer said:
Erik,

I agree with most of what you had to say except the part about Roy being lucky not to have gotten a foul and Calico being out of bounds. Yeah, he was out of bounds at the time he went spread eagled but Roy had clearly gotten to him in bounds - going out of bounds was a continuation of the play. I didn't see anything wrong there at all - Calico just had the misfortune of getting injured in a meaningless play. It happens.

I agree with the rest you had to say, however.

I didn't mean to say that Roy was out of bounds at the time, just that I've seen Refs call that as a penalty at times. Considering it's the Cowboys, Roy was lucky the refs didn't pull a flag regardless of whether it was warranted.

joshlitt

Reaction score
What a bunch of sissies......Football is a rough sport, people get hurt! Better their players than ours! For all you people saying how classless that is, just think how much you cheered when Teague knocked TO out of the star!

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
mickgreen58 said:
The avatar is was never made to celebrate a player getting injured. I just felt Roy Williams made a nice play on a reverse and as always, he goes full speed and made a nice play.

But if that makes me a classless individual, then I guess I am guilty!!!

- Mike G.

Alright, I can get the misunderastnading. I just though tit was a combination of a "so there" to make up for the stiff-arm and joy that Calico was hurt.

Sure, Roy made a good play, he's a damn good player. I guess it's just a matter of how good we thought the play was.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
joshlitt said:
What a bunch of sissies......Football is a rough sport, people get hurt! Better their players than ours! For all you people saying how classless that is, just think how much you cheered when Teague knocked TO out of the star!

Sup Josh, long time no see :D !!!

As I stated, I wasnt trying to glorify an individual getting hurt. Just thought it was a good play, and just a rebuttle to the stiff arm avatar all the cowboy haters were sporting.

And I know there were alot of people that were really excited about the hit Roy put on Amani Toomer. Remember, "Dont tug on Superman's Cape" ;)

- Mike G.

InParcellsWetrust

Reaction score
I agree that avatar was not made in vain of Calico being hurt I think that it shows Williams over came what many claim was his punking and came back and made a
great play

I like the avatar thanx for making it :D