Roy, Miles as starters in 09?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Setting aside the politics, personas and paychecks....

If you just cared about winning and set aside the marketing value of operating a circus....

I think Roy and Miles as a duo might be the most productive pair you could put on the field to start the 09 season. Crayton would be your third receiver.

Remember you have to factor in everything: hands, speec, size, routes, YAC, blocking, consistency.

Owens cannot beat single team press coverage anymore and is aging fast. He is beyond erratic with his stop, go, never-the-same routes.

The problem is that with Jerry the Cowboys are more about politics, personas and paychecks than play.

If your goal is to run a circus then of course Owens must start. There is no bigger clown in America.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483123 said:

If you just cared about winning and set aside the marketing value of operating a circus....

I think Roy and Miles as a duo might be the most productive pair you could put on the field to start the 09 season. Crayton would be your third receiver.

Remember you have to factor in everything: hands, speec, size, routes, YAC, blocking, consistency.

Owens cannot beat single team press coverage anymore and is aging fast. He is beyond erratic with his stop, go, never-the-same routes.

The problem is that with Jerry the Cowboys are more about politics, personas and paychecks than play.

If your goal is to run a circus then of course Owens must start. There is no bigger clown in America.

Assuming Jerry is still the owner next year, your title is misleading.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Roy is a spare. Dallas will need 2 wrs next year if owens is gone. Miles austin was more productive than roy so far.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483123 said:

You must have hate for Jerry. Agenda

Owens and Roy with Miles the 3rd WR.
Dude, there is not one guy in the NFL that can cover Owens one on one.

Our WRs are 6ft to 6.4, they are easy to jam, because it is easy for the DBs to get into their chest and hold them up at least a little bit, before our WRs throw them off to the side, if the OL is holding up Romo can drop passes to them all day if it is single coverage, if not then he would have to wait until he has a window between the two DBs.

Now take the skins little WRs, they are hard to jam because the are smaller and quick, they have no starting WR over 6ft

Bottom line it takes the bigger WRs a few seconds to get rid of the jamming DB. Does idiots in the media that talk about T.O. having a hard time beating the one on one jams are idiots. If Keyshawn says so, it is out of jealousy he knows how hard it is, it took him a long time and he never got any separation.

Cris Carter, he knows as well, but I have never heard him say anything about that.

T.O. can get rid of the jammer

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5 you just contradicted yourself.

You said our tall receivers are easy to jam. Then you said T.O can rid the jammer.

I would LOVE a little Desean Jackson in the draft. If this team had enjoyed a healthy Terry Glenn this year--BAM....#1 offense in the league.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483123 said:

Yea your right Miles is a better fit then a top 3 WR... Do you understand how ridiculous this sounds?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483163 said:

You said our tall receivers are easy to jam. Then you said T.O can rid the jammer.

I would LOVE a little Desean Jackson in the draft. If this team had enjoyed a healthy Terry Glenn this year--BAM....#1 offense in the league.

Even Jackson has openly admitted he gives up on plays every now and then.

Having to painfully watch TO doing so this year, no thanks.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483163 said:

Read it again. I said it takes our tall receivers a few seconds to get rid of the jammers, because of their height it is easy to jam them, so it take s them a few seconds.

Reread my post.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy I meant a Desean Jackson TYPE player

Small jitterbug...That's why I mentioned Tony Glenn.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5

If a receiver takes a few seconds to shed a jammer--he ain't playing in this league for long.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483182 said:
BHendri5

If a receiver takes a few seconds to shed a jammer--he ain't playing in this league for long.

I tell you what-let's you and I just admit it...this season just wasn't meant to be for us.

Forget all the TO drama, it's just been very painful since we lost to the Giants in the playoffs, and it's been all downhill then. There were injuries, coaching miscommunications, just to name a few.

Hopefully, we'll be OK next year! :)

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2483180 said:
Boysboy I meant a Desean Jackson TYPE player

Small jitterbug...That's why I mentioned Tony Glenn.

Who the hell is Tony Glenn?

Boysboy

Reaction score
ajk23az;2483249 said:
Who the hell is Tony Glenn?

Terry Glenn's twin sister? Maybe that's why Parcells once called Terry a "she", b/c he may have talked about his twin sister?:laugh1:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Okay so i'm trying to keep notice of everyone Dallas is getting rid of next seasona according to Zoners. I got TO, Henry, Pac-Man, Wade, UT Roy, and Brad Johnson. Am I missing anyone?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who doesn't like the idea of Henry at safety. Baller. Team Guy. Tackler. High character.

I haven't heard a single person say anything about getting rid of UT Roy. Looks promising as a player even if Jerry got fleeced.

Re. Wade--depends who you talk to.

Brad Johnson at 54? He deserves a watch, a walking cane a handshake. PacMan? TO? Throw em out on their asssses.

I think that's the dominant opinion of the smart shoppers on the chat rooms.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't be shocked, in the least, if Roy and Austin wind up starting next year, if this team doesn't win the Superbowl.

This BS lately might turn into a case where not having Owens, or Crayton, would work better for the overall ability to just play football for the QB.

Who knows. Probably just silly worry because of all this BS coming out in the last 24 hours.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2483294 said:
TO aint going nowhere.
youare right and there should not be a debate on this. If there is a WR out there that don't want the ball I wouldn't want him on my team. T.O. is blowing steam off from the loss and yes if he is man to man with the DB playing him soft you throw him a quick slant. you all know what he can do with the ball in his hands. just my 2 cents.;)

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
like I said T.O. is going to retire here, but for giggles how about we pry Boldin from Arizona and have him and Roy start.:D