Roy WHO

sjw213

Reaction score
...huge 'boys fans since '77. Big fan of the 3-4, especially after Wade came...BUT one of the consistent probs I have seen is TACKLING, or lack thereof, from the secondary. I, as we all have no doubt, truly enjoyed the many highlights #31 has given us...and I will pump my fists in the air with the next one....but his tackling STINKS....guys, have you seen how his right shoulder hangs down after he tries his blow up hits....dude is injured...prob gets a stinger every time...you guys know how that feels??....overall, must be a very delicate situation in Big D with so much $$ invested in #31...I hope the D jells as the season goes...there are some great playmakers there....good luck 'BOYS !

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;1719864 said:
I've noticed that as well. He tends to drag his arm after every "tackle".

He has never had any form in his tackles, this is part of the legendary Roy Williams trademark.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1719866 said:
He has never had any form in his tackles, this is part of the legendary Roy Williams trademark.

There's a reason for this. He leads with his helmet a LOT. It's hard to wrap-up when you're leading with the top of your helmet. Try it. I dig the hard hits, but there is a downside to turning yourself into a human missile.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Id take Sean Taylor any day of the week over ole Roy "biscuit" Williams

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboys19;1719872 said:
Id take Sean Taylor any day of the week over ole Roy "biscuit" Williams

Taylor is worse in coverage then Roy, makes LESS big plays, and is a thug off the field.

Thank goodness you aren't running the show in Dallas.

By the way, the Commanders could always use more ignorant fans... go ahead and join 'em.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Rack;1719874 said:
Taylor is worse in coverage then Roy, makes LESS big plays, and is a thug off the field.

By the way, the Commanders could always use more ignorant fans... go ahead and join 'em.

your wrong.

have you watched him at ALL this year? Taylor is a beast

cowboys19

Reaction score
Rack;1719874 said:

whats your favorite drink?
Homerade?

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I'll admit that I haven't heard Roy Williams' name much this year. But I don't think that's a negative.

He's doing just fine.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
cowboys19;1719877 said:
whats your favorite drink?
Homerade?

Hey, facts is facts... and the fact is, it's pretty stupid of you to compare the play of a FREE safety (Taylor) to the play of a STRONG safety (Williams)... the free safety is SUPPOSED to be the stronger guy in pass coverage, while the strong safety is SUPPOSED to be the stronger guy against the run...

And lo and behold, here's Roy averaging 5.5 tackles per game, Sean averaging 3.8 tackles per game... clearly, Roy is better against the run...

But even though he has a bit better stats against the pass this year, we really shouldn't forget that last year, he led the league in touchdown passes allowed... some "beast"...

And as Rack correctly pointed out, if you Roy's not on the playing field, you're likely to find him in church, while if Sean's not playing, you're likely to find him hanging out with Jamaican-born drug dealers, and assorted other thugs and lowlives...

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1719904 said:
if Sean's not playing, you're likely to find him hanging out with Jamaican-born drug dealers, and assorted other thugs and lowlives...

:lmao2: I dont see how any Cowboy fan can hold this against anyone from any other team.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
sjw213;1719859 said:
...huge 'boys fans since '77. Big fan of the 3-4, especially after Wade came...BUT one of the consistent probs I have seen is TACKLING, or lack thereof, from the secondary. I, as we all have no doubt, truly enjoyed the many highlights #31 has given us...and I will pump my fists in the air with the next one....but his tackling STINKS....guys, have you seen how his right shoulder hangs down after he tries his blow up hits....dude is injured...prob gets a stinger every time...you guys know how that feels??....overall, must be a very delicate situation in Big D with so much $$ invested in #31...I hope the D jells as the season goes...there are some great playmakers there....good luck 'BOYS !

I've been saying this for years now. Also, Roy Williamns is a LIABILITY in coverage. His only saving grace is that he is a beast when lined u near the line of scrimmage. But the problem with that is that oppposing ofenses know this too, so they line up in formations that force Williams off the line and into coverage. He gets constantly exploited this way; that is, when he's not busy missing tackles. If I could trade Roy Willimas I would. And before anyone calls that rediculous, please remeber these two words: Hershal Walker.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1719909 said:
I've been saying this for years now. Also, Roy Williamns is a LIABILITY in coverage. His only saving grace is that he is a beast when lined u near the line of scrimmage. But the problem with that is that oppposing ofenses know this too, so they line up in formations that force Williams off the line and into coverage. He gets constantly exploited this way; that is, when he's not busy missing tackles. If I could trade Roy Willimas I would. And before anyone calls that rediculous, please remeber these two words: Hershal Walker.

Walker was a helluva lot better at his job than Roy...

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1719910 said:
Walker was a helluva lot better at his job than Roy...

Yes, but I make the comparisson because alot of people thought trading away Hershal Walker was rediculous, just like many would think the notion of trading away Roy Williams is rediculous. But in reality, we may be able to get some sucker to give us a couple of first day picks for Roy Williams, which will allow us to finally draft a strong safety who can actually play strong safety.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
The biggest problem is fans expecting Free Safety play from a Strong Safety. The sad part is, Roy has been putting up numbers similar to the Ed Reeds of the NFL but some of these fans will still concentrate on whatever negatives they can. Don't really sound like Cowboy fans to me, but I guess I'm not a Debbie Downer.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1719914 said:
Yes, but I make the comparisson because alot of people thought trading away Hershal Walker was rediculous, just like many would think the notion of trading away Roy Williams is rediculous. But in reality, we may be able to get some sucker to give us a couple of first day picks for Roy Williams, which will allow us to finally draft a strong safety who can actually play strong safety.

This stuff always gets old. When comparing him to other strong safeties in the league, Roy usually shines...but people want to compare him to free safeties, corners, (insert position here) and it really just gets old. He is great against the run but not too strong in coverage. His coverage liability does get exaggerated by the mediots and then people follow what they say. He is, without a doubt, in the top tier of safeties in this league. Why someone would want to trade him for some unknowns is beyond me.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
cowboys19;1719876 said:
your wrong.

have you watched him at ALL this year? Taylor is a beast

so you're basing your Taylor Over Roy argument off of this year alone. Sure hasn't been on any of his previous years because he has stunk. Gave up the most TDs in the league last year.

its almost comical, basing it on 6 games this season when hes only done something in the last 3. You might just be from DC.