Roy Williams #38 Saved our season

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thank you Roy Williams, 38, for getting the horse collar rule put into effect.

When Barber got horse collar'd for some reason I got as pumped up for Roy Williams as I had in years.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2376895 said:

When Barber got horse collar'd for some reason I got as pumped up for Roy Williams as I had in years.

Thank you for breaking your forearm #38 again and saving our season and giving the defense a chance :thankyou: Enjoy the long offseason, and the last bit of unearned money you'll get from Jones.

I'll miss you pointing at your teammates after you got toasted.

There won't be any suspense when they cut you this off season.
Goodbye Dough Boy

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
It's nice to hear the name Roy Williams these days and have good thoughts again.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CATCH17;2376895 said:

We should have had an automatic first down from the play before anyway, after Gaines Adams gave Brad Johnson a helmet to helmet hit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Roy not being out there had nothing to do with us winning this game. IF you didn't notice Pac-Man, Henry and Newman also weren't out there. We got a pass rush. Simple as that. You ask defensive backs to guard receivers for more than 10 seconds and you're going to get burnt deep. Have you ever seen us get beat deep with a pass rush?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
rocyaice;2376922 said:
Roy not being out there had nothing to do with us winning this game. IF you didn't notice Pac-Man, Henry and Newman also weren't out there. We got a pass rush. Simple as that. You ask defensive backs to guard receivers for more than 10 seconds and you're going to get burnt deep. Have you ever seen us get beat deep with a pass rush?

Sincerely,

Roy L. Williams

;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
RainMan;2376923 said:
Sincerely,

Roy L. Williams

;)

Naw I just have a respect for everyone who has a star on their helmet. Roy probably never will be the same but I can't stay i'll stop hoping. I'd like to see how effective Roy could be with a pass rush though.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
rocyaice;2376932 said:
Naw I just have a respect for everyone who has a star on their helmet. Roy probably never will be the same but I can't stay i'll stop hoping. I'd like to see how effective Roy could be with a pass rush though.

I'd like to see what Roy could do as a nickel or dime linebacker.

Zach Thomas was out most of the 2nd half...why did we trade away Akin Ayodele again??:banghead:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Roy needs to eat that biscuit -

He can't play Safety in the NFL in 2008/09

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
casmith07;2376959 said:
I'd like to see what Roy could do as a nickel or dime linebacker.

Zach Thomas was out most of the 2nd half...why did we trade away Akin Ayodele again??:banghead:

I don't think he'd make it as a linebacker but i'd like to see him try. Wade said he'd use Roy a different way than the way he was used under Parcell's and we never saw it. I thought we'd play him closer to the line anyway.

silver

Reaction score
he should just retire. don't know if they have timed him in the 40 recently but i bet is in the 4.8's

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This was also our longest play of the day as well.

Good Job Roy 38!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Man the Roy hatred on these forums is just silly. The guy is injuried, can't play, and people still find ways to poke fun at him and mock him. Oh well. I guess things are what they are.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2378563 said:
Man the Roy hatred on these forums is just silly. The guy is injuried, can't play, and people still find ways to poke fun at him and mock him. Oh well. I guess things are what they are.

Makes it easy to spot the 16 year olds. ..

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
rocyaice;2377068 said:
I don't think he'd make it as a linebacker but i'd like to see him try. Wade said he'd use Roy a different way than the way he was used under Parcell's and we never saw it. I thought we'd play him closer to the line anyway.

Roy W cant be a linebacker as it is basic for linebackers to tackle well. Roy can hit ( even that not anymore ) but his tackling is always not good especially after they made horsecollar illegal. sad , but true .

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Rack;2376917 said:
We should have had an automatic first down from the play before anyway, after Gaines Adams gave Brad Johnson a helmet to helmet hit.

Yes, why is that becoming a NEW trend? The refs used to call hits to QB's heads... now it situational.

lockster

Reaction score
Aliencowboy;2376912 said:
Thank you for breaking your forearm #38 again and saving our season and giving the defense a chance :thankyou: Enjoy the long offseason, and the last bit of unearned money you'll get from Jones.

I'll miss you pointing at your teammates after you got toasted.

There won't be any suspense when they cut you this off season.
Goodbye Dough Boy

Amen!! Hallelujah!! Preach on!!:bow: