Roy Williams and the stink of Detroit

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
newlander;2525657 said:
I'll grant you that Hos. He's beat up, PROCTER IS STARTING, and the oline is the main culprit in our 6 losses. Not the only culprit, just the main one IMO. But people don't want to hear that............
Yeah, I know. Turning a deaf ear to facts is a mantra. I want to believe Tony is 100% too, but all evidence to the contrary. He is improving, but you don't bounce back from a sore back and walk into a game like Baltimore with no worries.

That is the same pie in the sky thinking that says that because Roy Williams is talented he knows all his assignments and Tony should look for him. If he had some chemistry with him, I'd agree. But as much as I wanted Roy here, I want him to look for TO and Witten first and I am so giddy about Crayton in the slot that I might say look for him every bit as much.

The early part of this year after Brady went down Matt Cassel couldn't find Randy Moss with a guide dog.

People who think this game is a piece of cake, just suit up and let fly, need to put down the Fantasy Magazines in learn the game.

wick

Reaction score
If you really believe this, you don't know Roy Williams. Any Longhorn observer from 2000-2003 is completely unsurprised that Roy has turned out the way he has in the NFL: talented, but unwilling to put in the work to be great. Why are they unsurprised? Because he was the same way in college. It's easy enough to miss since he was so vastly superior athletically to the competition that he put up monster stats anyway, but go back and watch any Oklahoma game from that period and you'll see a Roy Williams that looks very much like the one wearing #11 today.

You can hope all you want that a healed foot, an offseason training with Owens, or a full camp with Romo are all that stands between Williams and NFL greatness, but you will end up disappointed. Roy is Roy, and what you see is what you will always get.

jimmy40

Reaction score
wick;2525696 said:
If you really believe this, you don't know Roy Williams. Any Longhorn observer from 2000-2003 is completely unsurprised that Roy has turned out the way he has in the NFL: talented, but unwilling to put in the work to be great. Why are they unsurprised? Because he was the same way in college. It's easy enough to miss since he was so vastly superior athletically to the competition that he put up monster stats anyway, but go back and watch any Oklahoma game from that period and you'll see a Roy Williams that looks very much like the one wearing #11 today.
So the only games in RW's college career that count were the Oklahoma games? Now it's the only game that doesn't count.:bang2: