Roy Williams has gone from "Liability In Coverage" to "Liability Overall"

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Roy Williams went from not being able to cover receivers to now not being able to tackle, and when he tries to tackle now he still does it illegally. I think it was quite telling when Phillips said thay've been trying to coach him to tackle right. Clearly he's not oachable there either, because they've already gone from trying to coach him to cover better to scaling back his resposibilities in that area (indicating his inability to be coached-up as a coverage safety).

Cowboys22

Reaction score
THUMPER;1842758 said:
He has always been a poor tackler. He is a hitter, not a tackler.

He doesn't even hit anyone anymore! Maybe once every 5 games or so.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Cowboys22;1842767 said:
He doesn't even hit anyone anymore! Maybe once every 5 games or so.

That's true, he hasn't had a SportsCenter hit in a long time now.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
THUMPER;1842758 said:
He has always been a poor tackler. He is a hitter, not a tackler.

Yeah, except that he rarely delivers that big blow anymore. When he came into the league he was laying people out left and right. Now, rarely.

I guess Parcells ruined him

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
abersonc;1842769 said:
Yeah, except that he rarely delivers that big blow anymore. When he came into the league he was laying people out left and right. Now, rarely.

I guess Parcells ruined him

Freakin Parcells! :bang2: :laugh2:

Hamlin has been layin the lumber more this season and that hit on Schobel was KILLER!

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
I like Roy as a person but hes just not a very good player anymore.

If he was an undrafted player who was on the team, 100% of the people out there would say the position needs to be upgraded. But because he was drafted at 8 and has a big contract, some fans just will continue to think of him as a pro-bowl player. And that is a joke..

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
It's because there's no ESPN segment for Jacked Up anymore.

Roy doesn't see the point of making the big hit if he can't make the list.

mmillman

Reaction score
You guys can argue how he hits or if Parcell's ruined him all day. The fact is Williams is a huge liability in pass coverage. Parcells saw it and every opponent that Dallas plays sees it. Only the hardcore homers can't see that. There is a reason Phillips pulls him in obvious passing downs. Williams in the 60s or 70s would have been all pro. In todays passing league he is a liability and will probably be gone soon.

mmillman

Reaction score
Didn't anyone see him misstep on the 3rd and long play that McNabb completed to their third string TE?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Funny.

Parcells always said Roy was one of our catalytic defenders.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
mmillman;1842790 said:
You guys can argue how he hits or if Parcell's ruined him all day. The fact is Williams is a huge liability in pass coverage. Parcells saw it and every opponent that Dallas plays sees it. Only the hardcore homers can't see that. There is a reason Phillips pulls him in obvious passing downs. Williams in the 60s or 70s would have been all pro. In todays passing league he is a liability and will probably be gone soon.
Urban legend.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
mmillman;1842792 said:
Didn't anyone see him misstep on the 3rd and long play that McNabb completed to their third string TE?

He missteps a lot of plays, particularly in the running game.

Lookit (ha ha) I didn't start this thread to bash Roy; I did it to say it as I see it, and I see a Roy Williams who has gotten sytematically worse this year. I'm trying to figure out why. I mean, the guy has talent, and use to play much beteer in the past than now in both the passing and running games (horsecollar tackling aside). So what gives? Whay has he fallen off so much since a couple of years ago?

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1842752 said:
Roy Williams went from not being able to cover receivers to now not being able to tackle, and when he tries to tackle now he still does it illegally. I think it was quite telling when Phillips said thay've been trying to coach him to tackle right. Clearly he's not oachable there either, because they've already gone from trying to coach him to cover better to scaling back his resposibilities in that area (indicating his inability to be coached-up as a coverage safety).

Screw you.

I swear, this Forum really sucks sometimes because of Hackers that post worthless crap like this.

Kilyin

Reaction score
mmillman;1842790 said:

There isn't a single sentence in there that's true. Congratulations, you win at making stuff up.