MCIWEST

Reaction score
I bet they wished they would have traded him now! lolllllllllllllllllllllll

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MCIWEST;2274194 said:
I bet they wished they would have traded him now! lolllllllllllllllllllllll
Trade deadline is October 14th and this is their bye week, they are 0-3 and not going to be a contender.

Just saying...

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Yeah the Lions FO is looking more and more pathetic as the weeks progress. It would be better for them deal him before the deadline while there is still time to get something out of the deal.

I would give offer a second rounder for him at this point. Take it or we just get him for free next year...your call Detroit.

2much2soon

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2274306 said:
Yeah the Lions FO is looking more and more pathetic as the weeks progress. It would be better for them deal him before the deadline while there is still time to get something out of the deal.

which means they probably won't do it...

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hostile;2274246 said:
Trade deadline is October 14th and this is their bye week, they are 0-3 and not going to be a contender.

Just saying...

Yeah, but remember what Millen wanted for Calvin Johnson who is even less proven than RoyW? He wanted Ware and a 1st rounder. You just can't work out a reasonable trade with him. The man is delusional.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2274246 said:

Just saying...

They'll probably still ask for Ware :laugh1:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2274306 said:

I would give offer a second rounder for him at this point. Take it or we just get him for free next year...your call Detroit.

I bet Detroit franchises him, hard to imagine they are going to just let him walk out the door for nothing, not when they turned down 1st rounders for Roy this past offseason.

Eskimo

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2274306 said:

At this rate, their threat of possibly franchising him next year looks to be an idle one. I wouldn't want to pay him that kind of coin to be a #2 to TO anyway.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2274325 said:
They'll probably still ask for Ware :laugh1:

I think they wanted Ware and a 1st rounder for Calvin Johnson last year.:lmao2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
What are you implying? That no team would fork over a #1 pick after a game like today? Wrong.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2274326 said:
I bet Detroit franchises him, hard to imagine they are going to just let him walk out the door for nothing, not when they turned down 1st rounders for Roy this past offseason.

probably looking around $9M for a 1 year rental for a non-productive player who doesn't want to play in Detroit. Even Millen isn't that dumb, is he?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2274246 said:

Just saying...

I'm starting to feel that as long as T.O. is here, and we're scoring like we're scoring, nothing like that will ever happen. Maybe they'll draft a guy, but as long as the O is firing, why would they give up a 1st for anybody?

Eskimo

Reaction score
MCIWEST;2274343 said:
NO just saying that the Lions look like they need more then a WR.

The problem is that Millen is a moron.

Until they get rid of him, that franchise will go nowhere and I wouldn't bother trying to deal with him because what he wants is unreasonable.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Eskimo;2274335 said:
probably looking around $9M for a 1 year rental for a non-productive player who doesn't want to play in Detroit. Even Millen isn't that dumb, is he?
Which is why I still believe he will not be franchised. It is clear that Johnson is their primary receiving target and Williams is being fazed out, either by his own admission or the coaching staff. Why would the Lions pay Williams that kind of green when it is obvious that he isn't that important to their offensive attack?

Eskimo

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2274351 said:
Which is why I still believe he will not be franchised. It is clear that Johnson is their primary receiving target and Williams is being fazed out, either by his own admission or the coaching staff. Why would the Lions pay Williams that kind of green when it is obvious that he isn't that important to their offensive attack?

Again, the problem is that you can't make a reasonable deal with Millen.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Eskimo;2274373 said:
Again, the problem is that you can't make a reasonable deal with Millen.

you are right about that. While it would be monumentally stupid, you can't put anything past that buffoon.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The offer for Calvin Johnson was in the Draft. Roy Williams is going to be a UFA. There's a huge gap between the 2 guys. You don't even need tea leaves to figure that out.