Roy Williams (Lions)

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hostile;2274384 said:
The offer for Calvin Johnson was in the Draft. Roy Williams is going to be a UFA. There's a huge gap between the 2 guys. You don't even need tea leaves to figure that out.

But has Millen figured that out? I honestly don't think he sees the difference.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Eskimo;2274388 said:
But has Millen figured that out? I honestly don't think he sees the difference.
I denigrate the man as much as anyone, but come on...

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hostile;2274394 said:
I denigrate the man as much as anyone, but come on...

He has demonstrated an exceptional level of incompetence. The value he placed on an undrafted rookie was greater than that of a proven All-Pro LB who had been in the league all of 2 years.

Who would seriously even trade Ware straight up for Calvin Johnson?

I remember hearing the Cowboys' FO reaction to that proposal was to hang up the phone immediately.

He is just looking to make a monumentally lopsided deal to prove what a great gm he is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Eskimo;2274407 said:
He has demonstrated an exceptional level of incompetence. The value he placed on an undrafted rookie was greater than that of a proven All-Pro LB who had been in the league all of 2 years.

Who would seriously even trade Ware straight up for Calvin Johnson?

I remember hearing the Cowboys' FO reaction to that proposal was to hang up the phone immediately.

He is just looking to make a monumentally lopsided deal to prove what a great gm he is.
It was for the best pick in the draft. Of course his asking price was going to be high.

"Hey Jerry, this is Matt Millen. With Oakland locked in on JaMarcus Russell, I find myself in the enviable position of having the best pick and highest rated WR since Randy Moss falling into our laps. Would you please unload all of the players your fans aren't happy with and he's yours."

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2274246 said:
Trade deadline is October 14th and this is their bye week, they are 0-3 and not going to be a contender.

Just saying...
Keep stoking those coals...........we may get fire!

Nexx

Reaction score
when will detroit owners figure out that Matt Millen is a moron? hell, detroit fans are probably petrified that even if Millen traded Williams for a 1st rounder, he would then just use it to draft another wideout.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2274246 said:
Trade deadline is October 14th and this is their bye week, they are 0-3 and not going to be a contender.

Just saying...

I was thinking the same earlier today.......something could be brewing

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Maybe the Lions should have taken the trade for Williams and used those picks to improve that last ranked run defense...they give up over 200 YPG avg....

Ouch....