Roy Williams On Jim Rome...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
...I caught the last few minutes of Roy on Jim Rome's radio show today.

I have been critical of Roy's play but I want to say he came across as a classy, down to earth, very nice person. He even ended the interview profusely apologizing to Rome for missing a previous interview that was scheduled. He admitted he forgot about it as he was doing something for his charity and he said he was wrong and he owed Rome an apology. Rome was highly impressed with him and said that's probably the first time an athlete has done that on the show.

The football talk was pretty much the usual stuff, but what stood out was that Roy came across as a really good guy.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Isn't Roy off the field a real nice guy but on the field hes a ball of hate?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He's just needs a little help pushing those kids on the swings.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
He did acknowledge he used to try and knock everyone out but he admitted the wear and tear on his body has made him more judicious about playing that way.

I agree with those who say his shoulder is bothering him. You really don't see him light many receivers up these days.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1740729 said:
He did acknowledge he used to try and knock everyone out but he admitted the wear and tear on his body has made him more judicious about playing that way.

I agree with those who say his shoulder is bothering him. You really don't see him light many receivers up these days.

Kenny Phillips would be a great FS freeing Hamlin up to play SS. :D

superpunk

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1740729 said:

That's something I've never heard him say - but it's apparent, and it's definitely affecting his "aura" if you will.

juck

Reaction score
Im sorry,but he is the weaklink of the defense sadly.everyteam knows it and shows it.We need a ballhawk.

superpunk

Reaction score
juckie;1740792 said:
Im sorry,but he is the weaklink of the defense sadly.everyteam knows it and shows it.We need a ballhawk.

Just in case you misread the title - this was a Roy Williams interview on Jim Rome. Not a Jacques Reeves interview.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
superpunk;1740793 said:
Just in case you misread the title - this was a Roy Williams interview on Jim Rome. Not a Jacques Reeves interview.

or a Nate Jones interview.

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1740720 said:
...I caught the last few minutes of Roy on Jim Rome's radio show today.

I have been critical of Roy's play but I want to say he came across as a classy, down to earth, very nice person. He even ended the interview profusely apologizing to Rome for missing a previous interview that was scheduled. He admitted he forgot about it as he was doing something for his charity and he said he was wrong and he owed Rome an apology. Rome was highly impressed with him and said that's probably the first time an athlete has done that on the show.

The football talk was pretty much the usual stuff, but what stood out was that Roy came across as a really good guy.

That's the problem with Roy.

Always doing something with his charity instead of trying to get better on the football field.

Charity work will still be there when you retire, Roy.

Why don't you concentrate on learning how to cover someone.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ROFL.

How many passes has Roy Williams given up this season?
How many has our best cover guy, TNew, given up?

Guys give up passes. RW has been markedly improved this year.
He does not suck in coverage. He sucks in deep coverage and sucks in man coverage but not many CBs weigh 230 pounds.

He has delivered fewer big hits and made more plays in the passing game this year.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
jterrell;1740899 said:
ROFL.

He does not suck in coverage. He sucks in deep coverage and sucks in man coverage but not many CBs weigh 230 pounds.

He has delivered fewer big hits and made more plays in the passing game this year.

shhh no common sense allowed

Zman5

Reaction score
juckie;1740792 said:

How many SS are ballhawks?

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Just wait until Henry comes back full-time and then we'll see Roy start playing the way we want him to.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jterrell;1740899 said:
ROFL.

Silly JT, Roy Williams is never allowed to be beaten because strong safeties who play for the Cowboys are never allowed to be beaten. That is the law.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;1740727 said:
He's just needs a little help pushing those kids on the swings.

Did you even count how many kids needed help swinging?

Anyone would need help to push those little gremlins. :p:

Jay-D

Reaction score
I'm a huge Roy fan......and I can say that I don't like the fact that he's saying he's playing with less intensity.

Knocking people out is Roy's game. Period.

If he takes that away, he becomes an average player in my opinion. I've noticed the lack of big hits and thought that maybe the opportunity just hadn't presented itself as much.......but now I see it's an intentional thing.

SAY IT AIN'T SO ROY! YOU GOING SOFT NOW????

I can't have that. If Roy ain't hitting people......I say trade him.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
roy is rude to our media though...you could see it yesterday...he likes rome so he was nice to him...he needs to understand everyone is calling out his weaknesses ....he should be looking at that like ok this is something i need to work on...not acting all abrasive and then saying he doesnt read the papers when we all know that he does or he wouldnt be getting mad about it...