Roy Williams (The Receiver) Comments on Pacman...

raichledog

Reaction score
Any chance someone could recap? No flash player on the old iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2441303 said:
Basically said he's going to have man up and grow up... Said the weak get left behind.

Yeah and they were trying to bait him(more than once) into complaining about his catches or lack thereof...

"Winning cures all"... "if we lose I will complain" etc

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That he doesn't know the guy at all because he's not been on the team with him? Or did I get the wrong interview?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Is th at Lando Calrissian asking questions on the left of the screen?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Basically said he's going to have man up and grow up... Said the weak get left behind.
Okay, gotcha. I did hear that. Just missed the significance because of the other comment. My bad.

raichledog

Reaction score
Thanks a million all. I gotta be honest here, I think Roy is great for this team but not for the obvious reason of talent. I love that he comes from a losing team and beings a reality to this team. His "winning cure all" attitude is genuine and hopefully infectious. I think some players on this team took being good for granted and thought things would be given, that teams would roll over and play dead just because of the big bad Cowboys and that's not reality.

Reaction score
Hostile;2441319 said:
Okay, gotcha. I did hear that. Just missed the significance because of the other comment. My bad.

No problem. If this guy doesn't "get it" now then Dallas should just cut him.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Roy Williams has his head on straight. He inspires (he went up to each lineman one-by-one before the 4th-and-1 in Washington and said "We got this."), he doesn't complain about not getting enough catches, and he BLOCKS. Watch him, the man blocks.

I didn't know a lot about him before, but he's one of my favorite players already.

WG5516

Reaction score
I'm starting to get a man crush on this guy. I wish our other WRs had the same mindset.

marchetta

Reaction score

Yeah, and also that Pacman can't expect the team to wait for him. He (Pacman) has to come with the team or get left behind.

cowboyz

Reaction score
percyhoward;2441490 said:
Roy Williams has his head on straight. He inspires (he went up to each lineman one-by-one before the 4th-and-1 in Washington and said "We got this."), he doesn't complain about not getting enough catches, and he BLOCKS. Watch him, the man blocks.

I didn't know a lot about him before, but he's one of my favorite players already.
i wish crayton would try to block.

TO needs to as well, but everytime he does he gets called for holding because his arms are too freaking long. and he doesn't push or explode into people.

that's why i think sam hurd will be on this team next year if stanback doesn't improve like austin.

whoever is playing slot needs to block like wes welker.

Temo

Reaction score
cowboyz;2441536 said:
i wish crayton would try to block.

TO needs to as well, but everytime he does he gets called for holding because his arms are too freaking long. and he doesn't push or explode into people.

that's why i think sam hurd will be on this team next year if stanback doesn't improve like austin.

whoever is playing slot needs to block like wes welker.

Wes Welker isn't a good blocker (not for lack of trying, but he's small and weak). He gets blocks though, on screens, and the scheme rarely calls for him to be the blocker.

cowboyz

Reaction score
Temo;2441543 said:
Wes Welker isn't a good blocker (not for lack of trying, but he's small and weak). He gets blocks though, on screens, and the scheme rarely calls for him to be the blocker.
wes welker is called to block a lot of times. he gets in there and blindsides people like hines ward.

Reaction score
marchetta;2441502 said:
Yeah, and also that Pacman can't expect the team to wait for him. He (Pacman) has to come with the team or get left behind.

Yeah something to that degree.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Maybe its the Michael Irvin'sh first down signal from Roy11, but he looks a lot like Irvin on the field to me, physically and with his mannerisms - catching the ball and just the way he moves in general.