Rumor about Linderbaum-Pauline

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The guy was 5’7 and Cavanaugh had him as his number 1 safety. That is why I am scared of Sky Moore. Linderbaum and Moore are his pet cats this draft.
Cavanaugh is really just a fan. He is no more qualified than anyone here to evaluate players. Thats not to say that he is bad at what he does. He is not. But he is no talent evaluator

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cavanaugh is really just a fan. He is no more qualified than anyone here to evaluate players. Thats not to say that he is bad at what he does. He is not. But he is no talent evaluator
I am not trying to hate on him. I listen to his shows and I like the guy because he tells the truth about the Cowboys. I just could not get over how upset him, Yomans and Helman were last draft when the Cowboys drafted Parsons. Quite entertaining……:laugh::laugh:

tm1119

Reaction score
agree and hes gonna need some work, and development. In time maybe he can add weight. I see him as a late 2 or early 3 guy. The value at 24 just isnt there.

What work do you see Linderbaum needing?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I can tell who actually watches football and who doesn’t based on these replies. Early 2nd (top 35) is 1 thing…but if you think Linderbaum is a 3rd round prospect you obviously haven’t watched him play. Or you have and your are Hellen Keller…either 1
Yup

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can tell who actually watches football and who doesn’t based on these replies. Early 2nd (top 35) is 1 thing…but if you think Linderbaum is a 3rd round prospect you obviously haven’t watched him play. Or you have and your are Hellen Keller…either 1

Agreed. He is OC one IMO.
However, to be fair, I thought Jason Witten should have been taken in the first, yelled when we passed on him in the second. Thanked my lucky stars when we got him in the third. No way he should have been a third rounder IMO.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If all the teams have him as an early second, then that still has him going in the 20’s most likely because most nfl teams never have 32 first round grades. They typically have around 20 graded as first round picks.

I do think Linderbaum is going to be really good, and I wouldn’t panic with him at 24. Still, he could slip to the second, where he would be very good value, IMO.
Exactly, most teams will have under 20 1st rd grades, which means he is graded right in our range.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy was 5’7 and Cavanaugh had him as his number 1 safety. That is why I am scared of Sky Moore. Linderbaum and Moore are his pet cats this draft.

Cavanaugh has been pimping Zion over the Green before. He also was the first to really pimp skyy moore when you could get skyy in the 4th rounds of most mock sims and he has risen up most boards.
He was wrong and he knew he was about the TCU safety. He even said he knew he would not be picked high.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He was stashed on injured reserve with the Ravens. Went undrafted. Cavanaugh said he was miles better then his second round teammate. He thought the Cowboys blew the Parsons pick. He was depressed for the rest of the broadcast. Although Helman seemed the most upset.:omg::omg: Cavanaugh is a good guy. Reminds me of some the guys on the board.
He is a fan like us watching the game film and making his own opinions. He would draft a WR in the 1st every year and loves, undersized players.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't even know if dallas is even interested in him to begin with. But they should be. whether people like his weight or arm size, the guy is a pure technician and played against good competition.
If they are interested in Jurgens, they should be in on Linderbaum as well.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they are interested in Jurgens, they should be in on Linderbaum as well.

I get the size comparisons and so on but
I think they like Jurgens as a later round guy. A developmental guy but I could be wrong.

Also this rumor could be some teams just throwing that out there hoping he falls to them in the second.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Where is this rumor ?
Tyler Linderbaum as a first-round pick and other offensive line updates
No surprise to me at least, but no team I spoke with had a first-round grade on Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum. It was all early second round.

College tackles Darian Kinnard of Kentucky, Sean Rhyan of UCLA, Luke Goedeke of Central Michigan, and Cordell Volson from North Dakota State are listed on the guard boards for most teams.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is ridiculous but means we should try to get a high second round pick to pick him

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is ridiculous but means we should try to get a high second round pick to pick him
2nd rd grade doesn't mean he gets picked in rd 2 as team's usually have less then 20 1st rd graded players. Still expected to be a 1st rd selection.