Rumor: Amari Cooper and Sanjay Lal beef

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh please. Cooper's slumps?

Let's see. His worst games last year.

Jets - Got hurt after 3 snaps.

Detroit. 3 catches for 38 yards. Not a great game but if you look at the rest of the stat line it is clear he opened things up for others. Both Gallup and Cobb went over 100 in that game.

NE - people on the team were shocked he even suited up. 0-0 that day on two snaps. Also, he managed to come back 4 days later and deliver 8 catches for 85 yards while still badly hurt.

Rams - 1- 19. On 2 targets. No one had more than 5 targets that day. Why? Because we ran the ball down LA's throat. Both Zeke and Pollard were over 100. We threw only 23 times.

Philly - 2-24. Dak was injured and really didn't throw anything with accuracy. This game is literally the reason why we brought in a quality backup QB.

Get a better narrative.

What makes you think we didn't have one?

Texas2Step41

Reaction score
Imagine a canadian talking to me about street cred hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hi-res-725390f7a78586a66c1bb5a9c8f822f6_crop_north.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Listening to the Fan rn, and they are saying Sanjay had a personal vendetta against Amari. Which led to Amari being out of the last drive and play against Philly in Week 16 last year. I’m sorry but how is Sanjay calling shots in a do or die game, with a receiver you put all y’all your faith in. Where was the clapper to override?

Cowboys player already said that it was the different coordinators decisions to do stuff like that. Which lead more so to the theory that Garrett and the coaching staff were not on the same page and too many chiefs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cowboys player already said that it was the different coordinators decisions to do stuff like that. Which lead more so to the theory that Garrett and the coaching staff were not on the same page and too many chiefs.
There was no chief on the field. The chief was sitting in his skybox suite. There was the problem... For years...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There was no chief on the field. The chief was sitting in his skybox suite. There was the problem... For years...

Instead of doing what a REAL HC does, which is oversee everything and make sure WHAT HE WANTS is being implemented, Garrett just left everything up to everyone else. He was the text book example of a guy that had little to no control over what was going on. Parts weren't working together, there was little cohesion or overall plan because the guy at the top (Garrett) didn't know what he was doing. There was no overall plan, no game plan from week to week.

"take what the defense gives you" is NOT a game plan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your philly game...you said it was the reason we brought in a quality backup QB.

What makes you think we didn't have...at least an adequate one?

What makes you think we did? (simple question, don't freak out).:grin:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What makes you think we did? (simple question, don't freak out).:grin:

Oh don't worry about that. Not that I believe I have "freaked out"....but I got your number! :cool:

Haven't you and I been through this before?

What makes you think I think we did? I never SAID I did.

I'm asking a guy that says we didn't. And I;d like to know his view on why he thinks that way.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Your philly game...you said it was the reason we brought in a quality backup QB.

What makes you think we didn't have...at least an adequate one?

If the team thought Rush was adequate then why would they cut him?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Listening to the Fan rn, and they are saying Sanjay had a personal vendetta against Amari. Which led to Amari being out of the last drive and play against Philly in Week 16 last year. I’m sorry but how is Sanjay calling shots in a do or die game, with a receiver you put all y’all your faith in. Where was the clapper to override?

Lots of "I told yous" here.
But it was odd how fans here, so desperate to smell success, celebrated Lal and Reechard as saviors. Both are average of not bums.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sanjay may be the worst coach ever, however, with the amount of assistants that have been hired and fired over the last decade, I tend to blame the common denominator of Garrett. They can’t all suck.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Jerry has assigned assistants to every head coach he has hired since Jimmy left.

But you're right, it's totally a coincidence that the coach Jerry wildly claimed was their version of Sean McVay was retained.

Wake up.
Why don't I feel awake yet? I slapped that cold water, but I'm not convinced on this one.

I can acknowledge the past, but I can also acknowledge the present.

Maybe you should wake up.

There! I said it!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the team thought Rush was adequate then why would they cut him?

Because they were able to acquire a better one, of course. And for not much more money. It doesn't mean he would not have been able to come in and make some plays.

I thought you might know something....oh well. {shrug}

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Why don't I feel awake yet? I slapped that cold water, but I'm not convinced on this one.

I can acknowledge the past, but I can also acknowledge the present.

Maybe you should wake up.

There! I said it!
Sounds like the same ole same ole you guys were selling the last 10 years with Garrett.