Rumor: Dak Prescott no new contract until 2020 *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Its hard not to respect his decision. Haters and fanboys alike have to appreciate this.
Yeah... true, but when he starts asking for money...
Ho-boy.
Especially if he's doing very well and the team doesn't make it to the Super Bowl.
HO BOY!

pansophy

Reaction score
Romo did that and made a lot of money. I think fans would all be okay if he has a big year and earns a huge pay day.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Fine. I have no problem with his getting paid top dollar if he removes all doubt that he deserves it.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Good...Look forward to the Cowboys drafting his replacement in 2020. :popcorn:

I'll gladly take a 3rd round compensetory draft pick..

romonumberone

Reaction score
I’m hearing from Prescott camp that Dak has set his mind on a prove it type year. He states “I don’t give a fug, I’m gonna bet on myself” aka he wants to take on the risks to prove all his doubters wrong & show Cowboys that he earned the new contract.

His last wish before the season is media to stop asking contracts question until this upcoming season is over.

Thank you ,
Dak

That is great news!

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I have to admire Dak’s courage to forego that much money, but it’s a bad business decision. Way too risky. He could sustain a serious injury this year and never play again.

Dak should be smarter than this. The difference between $33 million and $40 million per year is meaningless. Half that difference will go to paying taxes anyway. Get the guaranteed money now and set yourself up for life.

But I do admire the confidence he has in himself, and expect him to have another strong year.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah... true, but when he starts asking for money...
Ho-boy.
Especially if he's doing very well and the team doesn't make it to the Super Bowl.
HO BOY!

Maybe, but I expect some clarification on Dak this season. Zeke or not he will be in a prime position to succeed. He may even have the opportunity to put to bed the talk of Zeke making him. If hes only mediocre it appears we will have a fairly deep FA QB class in 2020 so he might not be able to push a large offer to the table. We could easily pivot to Winston (just an example) or some other comparable QB for less money.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I'm hearing from the Prescott Camp that Dak has never used the word "Fug".

Status
Not open for further replies.