Rumor: F. Adams and 1st Rd pick for R. Williams and Kitna

JBS

Reaction score
I came across two different sources indicating the same exact rumor. I am more so posting this rumor to see how you guys would feel if this was the trade that we made. Now, I know the 1st source is PFT and they suck but I like I said above this thread is more about guaging how you guys would feel if this trade did indeed happen.

source 1: http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Updating his report/speculation that the Lions could be shopping quarterback Jon Kitna, Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com reports that the 49ers aren’t interested in a Kitna-Mike Martz reunion.

There also is speculation linking Kitna to the Cowboys, along with speculation of a package deal that would send Kitna and receiver Roy Williams to Dallas for tackle Flozell Adams and a first-round pick.

Stay tuned. The trading period ends in roughly 24 hours from this posting.

Source 2: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=93&f=1801&t=3194374

According to Terry Foster on 97.1 the trade scenario is Flozell Adams & Dallas' #1 pick for Roy Williams, Jon Kitna and an unknown draft pick...

What do you guys think?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Absurd. We just gave Flo a big extension. He isn't getting traded.

Besides, yesterday notwithstanding, Flo is still a good LT. He and a first are way too much to give for Roy Williams.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
What was Flo's signing bonus? Wouldn't make sense if it was very big.

If cap hits weren't an issue, I'd say it's not a terrible deal. Doug Free looked like he could man the position in preseason.

Boysboy

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2335081 said:
I came across two different sources indicating the same exact rumor. I am more so posting this rumor to see how you guys would feel if this was the trade that we made. Now, I know the 1st source is PFT and they suck but I like I said above this thread is more about guaging how you guys would feel if this trade did indeed happen.

source 1: http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Updating his report/speculation that the Lions could be shopping quarterback Jon Kitna, Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com reports that the 49ers aren’t interested in a Kitna-Mike Martz reunion.

There also is speculation linking Kitna to the Cowboys, along with speculation of a package deal that would send Kitna and receiver Roy Williams to Dallas for tackle Flozell Adams and a first-round pick.

Stay tuned. The trading period ends in roughly 24 hours from this posting.

Source 2: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=93&f=1801&t=3194374

According to Terry Foster on 97.1 the trade scenario is Flozell Adams & Dallas' #1 pick for Roy Williams, Jon Kitna and an unknown draft pick...

What do you guys think?

LOL - PFT obviously has nothing better to do today.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Why in the world would a winless team want a 33 year old highly paid LT who's probably done long before they are a PO team?

cowboyz

Reaction score
Boysboy;2335091 said:
LOL - PFT obviously has nothing better to do today.
PFT is ok on some teams.

for the cowboys they have no sources at all

Woods

Reaction score
No thanks.

Who would be our LT? Free? McQ?

I don't see this trade happening.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;2335089 said:
What was Flo's signing bonus? Wouldn't make sense if it was very big.

If cap hits weren't an issue, I'd say it's not a terrible deal. Doug Free looked like he could man the position in preseason.

Starting left tackle Flozell Adams signed a six-year deal worth more than $43 million – $15 million guaranteed – on Thursday, hours before he could have hit the free agent market.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2335087 said:
Absurd. We just gave Flo a big extension. He isn't getting traded.

I admit my "capology" is a bit limited at best, but what would be the cap hit in this case, and is there anything the Cowboys front office can do with Flo's deal to avoid it?

Adam...please chime in.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
They must be down on Adams, if this has any truth to it. It sounds like it may have legs. Who knows?

Before we start talking about the cap being in the way of any trades, remember that there is no cap in 2010. That could play a part seeing as the 2008 season is already under way.

links18

Reaction score
Pure, unadultered BS. Trade Adams after that huge contract we gave him? Also, who would want Adams after watching him get raped all day by Travis-Charles Haley-Laboy? :(

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think Flo value is worth more than RW and Kitna combined I really hope we don't trade for Kitna he really sucks and I don't like him and we just signed Brooks Bollinger we would look silly.....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2335103 said:
Starting left tackle Flozell Adams signed a six-year deal worth more than $43 million – $15 million guaranteed – on Thursday, hours before he could have hit the free agent market.
In other words, we can delete this thread now.

links18

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2335109 said:
I think Flo value is worth more than RW and Kitna combined I really hope we don't trade for Kitna he really sucks and I don't like him and we just signed Brooks Bollinger we would look silly.....

A first for Williams and Kitna is fine, but I wouldn't give up more than that.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
People don't forget b4 any trade for RW we will have to sign him to an extension first, or else we trade a 1st rouund pick for a 10 game rental.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Q_the_man;2335125 said:
People don't forget b4 any trade for RW we will have to sign him to an extension first, or else we trade a 1st rouund pick for a 10 game rental.

No, you trade for him knowing that you are willing to give him the contract that you probably would have given to him next year anyway. Why wait, make the trade.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Insanely stupid. Kitna is a nobody, so you're asking us to believe that we'd trade Flo and a #1 for RW, who nobody mistakes for Jerry Rice.