Rumor: F. Adams and 1st Rd pick for R. Williams and Kitna

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2335133 said:
No, you trade for him knowing that you are willing to give him the contract that you probably would have given to him next year anyway. Why wait, make the trade.

Plus, doing the kind of deal RW will command is tough to get done in 24 hours.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2335138 said:
Flo's deal makes him impossible to trade.

No it doesn't. There is no salary cap in 2010.

Why don't people get that?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wonder what Romo's 40 time is.. He'll need to brush up on that if Flo is traded, or injured.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2335142 said:
Plus, doing the kind of deal RW will command is tough to get done in 24 hours.

They don't have to do a long term deal until February. They just have to be sure they are going to give him one before trading for him.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Romo would be back before Kitna was even ready to play

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2335087 said:
Absurd. We just gave Flo a big extension. He isn't getting traded.

Besides, yesterday notwithstanding, Flo is still a good LT. He and a first are way too much to give for Roy Williams.

Exactly. Plus. Kitna is no good. Adams is the LT, and unless you move Davis there, you don't have another one.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
41gy#;2335167 said:
Exactly. Plus. Kitna is no good. Adams is the LT, and unless you move Davis there, you don't have another one.

Adams looks bad to me. Maybe we go with McUgly.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
that it is a rumor......if the Lions watch Flo yesterday.....they will want someone else

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
So you would give a 1st Round Pick and a pretty good LT for a wide receiver we don't even need?

Jerry Jones has done a great job as GM, but this would be a Jerry Jones Pre-Parcells move imo.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I would make the trade and move Davis to LT. I know that's not popular, but sometimes you have to go against the grain to make your team better. Flo is good when he has his head in the game. He makes too many mental errors and costs drives.

With all that said, if the deal isn't done, I'm fine with that, too.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
leonard davis is too slow at LOT,

i would if you did make the trade, let mcquistan or doug free play LOT and keep davis at LOG

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2335081 said:
I came across two different sources indicating the same exact rumor. I am more so posting this rumor to see how you guys would feel if this was the trade that we made. Now, I know the 1st source is PFT and they suck but I like I said above this thread is more about guaging how you guys would feel if this trade did indeed happen.

source 1: http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Updating his report/speculation that the Lions could be shopping quarterback Jon Kitna, Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com reports that the 49ers aren’t interested in a Kitna-Mike Martz reunion.

There also is speculation linking Kitna to the Cowboys, along with speculation of a package deal that would send Kitna and receiver Roy Williams to Dallas for tackle Flozell Adams and a first-round pick.

Stay tuned. The trading period ends in roughly 24 hours from this posting.

Source 2: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=93&f=1801&t=3194374

According to Terry Foster on 97.1 the trade scenario is Flozell Adams & Dallas' #1 pick for Roy Williams, Jon Kitna and an unknown draft pick...

What do you guys think?

I think you got taken big time for believing this.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Flozell thing makes no sense for us or them.

Kitna doesn't make sense for us.

Would be willing to part with:

Patrick Crayton WR
Isaiah Stanback WR
Tony Curtis TE
Stephen Bowen DE
Bobby Carpenter LB

That's about it though. Yikes! No wonder no one wants to trade with us.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is one of the worst rumors I've ever seen. The signing bonus for Flo, alone, would make this trade impossible.