Rumor: Joey Harrington to the Dolphins

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
They still havent determined the compensation yet. So nothing is set in stone yet.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Thank God.
:laugh2: Honestly, same here. Though I think he'd be a better back up than Romo or Henson, if Bledsoe goes down, I want to see Romo play in a first team offense.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
I think he would have been a great backup here in Dallas, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if it happens.

Manster74

Reaction score
I agree. Who cares ? I don't think this is exactly front burner news.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
If it's true, then our backup quarterback situation still isn't very solid. Maybe Romo could shine if Bledsoe goes down, you never know.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Dolphins | Team close to deal with Harrington
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:39:22 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl">Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington prefer the Miami Dolphins over the Cincinnati Bengals or Denver Broncos, according to a source close to Harrington. The Dolphins offered Harrington a two-year contract, but the financial terms were unavailable. A trade still needs to be worked out between the Dolphins and Lions, who is looking for a sixth-round draft choice in exchange for Harrington. The Dolphins don't have a fifth- or sixth-round draft choice, but they do own three seventh-round picks and the team could offer a future draft pick.

Bluefin

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
If it's true, then our backup quarterback situation still isn't very solid. Maybe Romo could shine if Bledsoe goes down, you never know.
If Jerry and Bill weren't pleased with the progress of Tony Romo, wouldn't we have more than a cursory interest in Joey Harrington?

And why then didn't we sniff around Drew Brees' shoulder when he was on the open market since Parcells' glowing reviews of the quarterback were a catalyst for Saints head coach Sean Payton being in favor of adding the signal caller to his new team?

Romo is popular at Valley Ranch, but as the quote states, we won't know what he can do until he gets on the field in the regular season.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bluefin said:
If Jerry and Bill weren't pleased with the progress of Tony Romo, wouldn't we have more than a cursory interest in Joey Harrington?

And why then didn't we sniff around Drew Brees' shoulder when he was on the open market since Parcells' glowing reviews of the quarterback were a catalyst for Saints head coach Sean Payton being in favor of adding the signal caller to his new team?

Romo is popular at Valley Ranch, but as the quote states, we won't know what he can do until he gets on the field in the regular season.

and many have said the same thing for henson. but sans injury, parcells won't allow it.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Bluefin said:

Contentment with Tony and Drew may not be the reason no/little interest (that we know of) has been shown in Harrington.

Far be it from me to say "Bill would never bring a player like X in", not after TO....but Harrington's issues might be more than Tuna has time or inclination to deal with this year.

He looks like a player who is going to have to unlearn now as well as learn, and four years under Morningweg and Mariucci might not make him the ideal blank slate to start with. Could be he was ill suited as a wco QB to begin with, tho I think I recall he was considered ideal as one when he was drafted.

The way things played out in Detroit with Marinelli and Martz, tho, were sad. Understanding Joey's confidence crisis, both coaches spouted that the job was Joey's. A whole lotta unconditional love. Martz may be an awesome person, but apparently he was not one this time, or at least didn't get the chance to be. He was blindsided by Harrington's own desire to be gone.

At the recent Lions qb school, Joey reportedly refused to open his playbook, and go to the board and diagram plays..his demeanor during the entire camp was sullen and disinterested..and this to a new coaching staff apparently bending over backward to prop up his ego and standing with the team. What I read was Martz took enough of it and sent him into Millen, and in a meeting with Muttonhead, Joey said, "I hate everybody on this team and they hate me". He didn't bother to single out Dre Bly---it was "everybody".

Sure, the team was ready to mutiny last year at one point when Mooch even hinted Garcia would be replaced with Joey. Harrington had to be the most despised qb since Rob Johnson. He knew he could never regain the respect of his teammates, and forced the issue. He wanted out no less than TO did, only in less public fashion. He evidently felt that there was zilch the 3Ms could do to restore his credibility in his teammate's eyes.

I just can't see (yeah, I know, lol) Tuna taking in a QUARTERBACK who made Hutch's "what's my role?" quote look like Patton addressing the troops.

"I hate everybody on this team and everybody hates me."

Geez, that's some whiny, miserable sportsboard dirge, isn't it?:D

Joey's damaged goods at this point, psychologically at least.

Imagine having to deal with him AND TO at the same time.:laugh1:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Contentment with Tony and Drew may not be the reason no/little interest (that we know of) has been shown in Harrington.

Far be it from me to say "Bill would never bring a player like X in", not after TO....but Harrington's issues might be more than Tuna has time or inclination to deal with this year.

He looks like a player who is going to have to unlearn now as well as learn, and four years under Morningweg and Mariucci might not make him the ideal blank slate to start with. Could be he was ill suited as a wco QB to begin with, tho I think I recall he was considered ideal as one when he was drafted.

The way things played out in Detroit with Marinelli and Martz, tho, were sad. Understanding Joey's confidence crisis, both coaches spouted that the job was Joey's. A whole lotta unconditional love. Martz may be an awesome person, but apparently he was not one this time, or at least didn't get the chance to be. He was blindsided by Harrington's own desire to be gone.

At the recent Lions qb school, Joey reportedly refused to open his playbook, and go to the board and diagram plays..his demeanor during the entire camp was sullen and disinterested..and this to a new coaching staff apparently bending over backward to prop up his ego and standing with the team. What I read was Martz took enough of it and sent him into Millen, and in a meeting with Muttonhead, Joey said, "I hate everybody on this team and they hate me". He didn't bother to single out Dre Bly---it was "everybody".

Sure, the team was ready to mutiny last year at one point when Mooch even hinted Garcia would be replaced with Joey. Harrington had to be the most despised qb since Rob Johnson. He knew he could never regain the respect of his teammates, and forced the issue. He wanted out no less than TO did, only in less public fashion. He evidently felt that there was zilch the 3Ms could do to restore his credibility in his teammate's eyes.

I just can't see (yeah, I know, lol) Tuna taking in a QUARTERBACK who made Hutch's "what's my role?" quote look like Patton addressing the troops.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me. Damn, Detroit has been QB killer for long time. No matter who or how promising they were before they went to Detroit, eventually they are out of NFL.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dallas said:
"Hello kettle.....your black". :D

it's "you're" unless you mean "your black kettle".

now, what subjects of mine have been misleading?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

It would seem that Harrington's behaviour isn't exactly leadership material.

And all the talent or potental in the world isn't going to endear you to a prospective new coaching staff looking to trade for you if you are whining your way out of town by pulling pouting postures in the QB classroom.

I can't see BP and JJ trading for a guy with reports like that circulating.

I mean look at Henson.

He's had endure some meager times and some blows to his ego with throwing motion changes and QB revolving doors ahead of him from Quincy to Testaverde to Bledsoe to get even a sniff at making 3rd string QB.

And he's now doing NFLEu to help him and his parent team, the Cowboys or a team to be determined if he's traded, to have a better prepared QB for whoever gets him.

Now..Henson has going on 3 years in our system, a stronger attitude in the face of numerous adverse situations, probably similar physical skills to Harrington and about 1/1oth the salary slot.

Hmmm...

Parcellswaterboy