Rumor: Mortensen: Witten to retire **merged**

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I really hope he notified the team executives before the draft. It is time for Witten to move on to the next chapter yet a bitter pill to swallow at the same time.

This is good news for the offense to add a playmaking tool to help the questionable recieving corp.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
WOW thats some sad news . He will be remembered as one of the greats. IVe been saying for some time Cowboys need a TE to go along with Witten . Now they need one to go alone with Rico . Jason still has some great hands and blocking . I would of liked to see what Dak and Zeke could of done with more two TE sets now that Dez is gone. I think it could of been deadly and made for some great battles for the NFCE. Yes Im and Eagles fan , but I love football. Id rather watch a good game vs a crappy blow out

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That's gonna be a $4.735M dead cap hit. How do you say TE in the 2nd?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This is terrible news.

I can't believe his last game at home was that loss to seattle.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's leaving to go to the TV booth. Those jobs don't come open often. He probably wouldn't have retired until he was sure he had the job.

I'm not going to knock Witten. He was a warrior and a great player. Sure wish we could have gotten him a ring.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think this is because Peyton Manning decided not to take the MNF job.
I think a lot of these players thinking about getting into broadcasting are trying to strike now because they know that they have no chance at one of the top gigs if/when Peyton ever gets into the game. Might be the reason why Troy was trying out doing draft work too