Rumor: Phillips to be fired?

juck

Reaction score
TonyS;2399803 said:
The coach we need is Spagnuolo from NY. We need to build around a young, defensive minded coach who can lose his top two DEs and still churn out a punishing defense. What we have now is a coach and defensive assistant that can't build pressure, even with numerous pro-bowlers.

I dont like him but i agree he is a great great defensive coach.u cant deny it.

juck

Reaction score
I would be happy with red and campo as dc for the rest of the way.campo was a good dc.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My Peasants have heard no such thing.

Though they must have missed it because they've been prayer so hard when not moving around the countryside on their long march to football coaching sanity.

Onward, Comrades! Our goal is within reach! (Or at least before the season is out!)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2399805 said:
If he were to be fired this would be the week.

But it would have happened yesterday.

Frankly, if we fire Wade then we've got no one of any quality to run the 3-4 D. If there was a hot D-coordinator here Wade would be gone
Exactly.

Smith22

Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with where we stand, but firing Wade in the middle of the season would pretty much kill any chances of bringing in someone like a Cowher IMO. I'm not sold that JG is the answer yet. Don't make a move either way until the season is over.

zeromaster

Reaction score
nyc;2399846 said:
See Wade Phillips everywhere he has been a DC and not the HC. The defense is great and the players love him. As a DC, it wasn't his job to be the enforcer. Wade runs his ship the way my wife runs the house while I'm gone. The kids drive her into the ground. The second I step in the door, that stops because I won't lay down and let them run the show the way my wife does. To make things run right you have to have steady discipline that doesn't faulter. If you're inconsistent, it will fail because those that are supposed to be disciplined will test the waters from time to time to see what they can get away with. Wade doesn't enforce discipline consistently. You need complete authority (Jerry is an issue here) and true leadership qualities.

I'm not saying Steve can't, I'm just saying he doesn't appear to have the right make up. I would rather go with someone of stronger leadership and someone that will force Jerry to step back and give him complete authority over the players.
Cosigned.

In SD they had Marty to be the bad cop, and Wade as the good cop. In NY, I suspect it's Coughlin in the bad cop role.

JMO

Chuck 54

Reaction score
jfoard;2399608 said:
I saw this on MSNBC.com, an interesting article

By Mark J. Miller
updated 1 hour, 56 minutes ago function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633614090126930000');

NFL
Cowboys to fire Phillips during bye week?
The Cowboys have a bye week this week and there is some speculation that head coach Wade Phillips may have picked up his last clipboard for the team even though earlier this year owner Jerry Jones says he's not going to fire Phillips. The team needs a shakeup and it already has the replacement in-house with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, so why not? (ProFootballTalk)

Why Not....??? CAn anyone be so stupid as to ask that question in ernest?

How about because Garrett can't seem to handle calling the offense alone on game day at this point...so now we're going to also hand him the entire team as a way to improve???:bang2:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I'm all for Phillips not being the head coach, but his dismissal would mean that we are back to Bryan Stewart calling the plays. Even though The Giants put up 30+ against us, it was more due to non-execution than the play-calling. Stewart just gives up unnecessary yards. I would prefer Wade getting demoted to DC and Stewart get sent packing.

juck

Reaction score
Campos Defense was top ten the whole time he was the dc

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't JG the chosen one to follow Wade??
So if Wade goes.--------_

If so, I don't see any difference in the team.

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2399805 said:
If he were to be fired this would be the week.

But it would have happened yesterday.

Frankly, if we fire Wade then we've got no one of any quality to run the 3-4 D. If there was a hot D-coordinator here Wade would be gone

We don't have anyone now of any quality to run the 3-4!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just thought of something... I thought we couldnt post "rumors" on da' Board?

Mods?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
YoMick;2400470 said:
Just thought of something... I thought we couldnt post "rumors" on da' Board?

Mods?
I though you could just as long as rumor is in the title and you are not trying to pass it off as fact.

Section446

Reaction score
I honestly just don't see it happening. It would actually be a stupid move on Jerry's part because then you are basically starting from scratch.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
When has Jerry Jones ever fired a coach during the Season?

Folks need to realize no matter how bad it gets, Jerry Jones is going to stick with Wade Phillips.

I believe he doesn't believe in canning coaches during the Season and more importantly, I think he has some doubt about promoting from within, in particular, Jason Garrett.

He has hitched his wagon to Wade Phillips for the remainder of the year.

Besides, he needs Wade Phillips to stick around, so he can take all the blame.

Why do you think he doesn't come on the sidelines as much?

Ren

Reaction score
if he was going to get fired he would have been fired yesterday