RUMOR: Priest Holmes may be done.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I got these from www.draftsharks.com

I feel bad for Priest, if true, but it looks like we may not have to face him.

** We're hearing unconfirmed rumors that Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (head) is done for the season and possibly his career. Holmes was in California undergoing neurological tests on Thursday and Friday. He returned to the team on Saturday as they went through their walkthrough. Holmes did not dress out, and of course, he didn't play Sunday vs. Oakland.

** No legitimate major news outlet has confirmed Holmes' status for week #10, though The Kansas City Star's Jason Whitlock did report that Holmes' injury is more serious than what's been revealed. HC Dick Vermeil has until Wednesday to submit his first injury list. That said, Holmes is likely out for week #10 pursuant to the nature of his recent medical tests. Now might be a good time to trade him before the dam breaks.

As an aside, I wouldn't be shocked if LJ Smith sat out the Monday night game as well after that nasty concussion.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Priest is such a class act. I hope not, but wish him well no matter what.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I hope this is not true.......Great kid......I wish him the best

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I kinda saw this coming when they said it was a little more than a concussion and he started seeing neurologists.

These injuries are not the kind of things with which to screw around.

NotNOCODE

Reaction score
It is sad, because he is one of the best TD makers the NFL has ever seen, period. On the flip side, I do have Larry Johnson on my fantasy team, and now i may have a true stud at RB in my starting lineup. Its alos a keeper league, i may have to reconcider who my keeper is now for next year, it might have to be LJ now if Holmes is done. and another note, because LJ is such a stud when he plays just because Holmes might not play against us doesnt mean the K.C. game will be any easier. LJ might actually be better then Holmes at this point in their carrer

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Larry Johnson has certainly 'taken the diapers off' and is just as much of a threat with the ball as Priest is at this point.

ddh33

Reaction score
I wish him the best. But this isn't the first time we've heard rumors that he might be done. That's why they drafted Larry Johnson a couple years ago.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Great if he doesnt play against us because he is a great player. But I like playing teams at full strength, especially if we beat them.

He's a class act. Never groaned in College or early in his pro career about playing time, waited til he got his chance and took it. Class act. I only hope his career isn't over. Not just because he's more than entertaining to watch, just career enders are always a bummer

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Anyone see Wayne Chrebet?

That was scary, I saw it live, he had a half smile and his eyes were wide open staring straight up, he was out

Hes done fort his career, was a tough guy

Hiero

Reaction score
Sad thing but everyone's career has to end sometime, at least they already have a great replacement in place. Priest was a good guy.

Eddie

Reaction score
Is the Larry Johnson for Antonio Bryant trade still on the table???

joseephuss

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Anyone see Wayne Chrebet?

That was scary, I saw it live, he had a half smile and his eyes were wide open staring straight up, he was out

Hes done fort his career, was a tough guy

That was supposedly his 9th concussion. I think you are right. He may be done. Always liked him. Never understood the problems between he and Keyshawn.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey said:
Larry Johnson has certainly 'taken the diapers off' and is just as much of a threat with the ball as Priest is at this point.

It's amazing what a real coach like Vermeil can do with players by not enabling their behavior...

If more coaches would deal with these players like men instead of children the NFL would be a better place...

Unfortuately these type coaches are a dying breed...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
People don't understand how bad concussions are for people. I read something once that after your third concussion you lose 60% of your ability to comprehend things. A buddy of mine is a former pro wrestler who has lost count of how many concussions he's had over the years and is at the point where it takes him time to make out street signs and can never remember where he parks his car or what his car looks like. Pretty sad.

Rich........