Rumor: Raqhib Ismail?

LILCOOK

Benched
Reaction score
Theres a rumor over at the ranchreport that he might come back and be our #3 wr. Is this really true?

Mansta54

Reaction score
LILCOOK said:
Theres a rumor over at the ranchreport that he might come back and be our #3 wr. Is this really true?

Hated to see him leave the first time. How old his he now?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind so much if he is the same as he was, but likely is not, and there as to be an age factor. Loved him when he was here, but doubt it will happen.

I remember his 1st game as a Cowboy like it was yesterday, scoring the winning touchdown in OT, opening day against the Commanders, that was a great game.

rojan

Reaction score
I loved him but he is like an older Perless Price...I dont think he is comin back....unless we are playin Champ and the Broncos next season

LILCOOK

Benched
Reaction score
Rocket's never played under a coach like Parcells before. If anyone could get anything left out of him I hate to say it but it would be Parcells. I think Parcells would love raqhib and make him one of favs. real fast. I think if they used him the right way and not over the middle like they were when he was playing here earlier in his career..... he could last a whole season. I remember Raqhib having to do all the dirty work at wr. when he was here bc he was the only good wr. we had at the time now he would only have to run vertical routes and not stuff over the middle where he's more prone for injury.

rojan

Reaction score
I dont see anyway this happens..AT ALL....

I dont even think he can play special teams

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember that one play where he slipped and fell, got up, and scored a TD? That was nice.

BTW, what kind of rumor is this?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I was surprised to see his hands were so good...and that he was one tough WR.

That said, I simply can't see this happening.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
rojan said:
I loved him but he is like an older Perless Price...

:lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2:

You can't be serious

Perless never could carry Rocket's jock strap

unless you mean that he can't play like he once did and would be a huge waist of time and money.

I am not saying Rocket was the greatest ever, but Peerless was/never will be on his level.

rojan

Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
:lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2:

You can't be serious

Perless never could carry Rocket's jock strap

unless you mean that he can't play like he once did and would be a huge waist of time and money.

I am not saying Rocket was the greatest ever, but Peerless was/never will be on his level.

Basically he is goin to be a a deep treat taking snapps from Crayton, just like Price was last year

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Yeah he was badly misused. I remeber him going over the middle and getting licked a few times. He was a little guy, but played big and with heart. Didn't he get injured in a game when he was trying to block a linebacker? Great guy.

rojan

Reaction score
Do you guys remeber himstart with us....It was the 1st game of the season and we were facing the Dedskins...I remember us being down by like 21 and we came back and tied to take it to over time...That is when I saw teh best play I have ever seen in my life...Play-action deep Ismail...GAME OVER!!!..That was really when I got obsessed with the BOYS...I followed them but I got obsessed after that game..I remember me and my buddy's studied that play till we had it down packed

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rojan said:
Do you guys remeber himstart with us....It was the 1st game of the season and we were facing the Dedskins...I remember us being down by like 21 and we came back and tied to take it to over time...That is when I saw teh best play I have ever seen in my life...Play-action deep Ismail...GAME OVER!!!..That was really when I got obsessed with the BOYS...I followed them but I got obsessed after that game..I remember me and my buddy's studied that play till we had it down packed

One little slip was WAY so much for rookie CB Champ Bailey :)

rojan

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
One little slip was WAY so much for rookie CB Champ Bailey :)

Man I havent seem a game like that for a while

JTnNC

Reaction score
Wow, The Rocket wanting to come back. I remember his first year in Dallas that great season opener. We jumped out to the big lead, then the skins come back and took a 21 point lead, then we come back again and tie, 1 second left on the clock and the skins had a chance at a game winning field goal, botched snap and overtime. First possesion of ot the playaction to the rocket and game over. What a game. I actually had the police called to my house by a neighbor because of all the screaming. One of the best games I have ever seen. I still have that one on tape.The fact people were calling the skins super bowl bound made it that much sweeter. Rocket was brought in to compliment Michael Irvin. The first 3 games of the year we were one of the only unbeaten teams in the league. They were saying "The Boys Are Back". Week 4 brought The Eagles. Michael Irvin got carted off the field, career over. Unfortunatly Rocket was no number 1 receiver. Season Lost.

It would be intresting to see Rocket back. If he came back strong it would for sure be a great football story. Im sad to say I think Terry Glenn is basically the same guy as Rocket. Rocket could not be a number 1 then, he sure cant be one now. That is what we need. A game breaker receiver. Not another guy who is a number 2 or 3 . Probably not a good idea to take snaps away from Crayton to give somebody who has no future here. There are worse moves that could be made though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
no way is this possible...hes gonna be 37 which means there is no way he has the speed he once had

and didnt he retire because of a neck injury or something?? no way somebody his age comes back from something like that, especially after being out of the league for 3 years.