Rumor: Raqhib Ismail?

Hailmary

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
no way is this possible...hes gonna be 37 which means there is no way he has the speed he once had

and didnt he retire because of a neck injury or something?? no way somebody his age comes back from something like that, especially after being out of the league for 3 years.

Yup. It's not just the age but also the time AWAY from the game.

age+absence=catastrophe

Can you imagine having the Rocket AND Woody back next season. I can't.

I realize BP got lucky once w/ Otis, but if he thinks these guys can help him win a championship...2 players who are not only old, but was basically forced into retirement b/c of serious injuries, then he's absolutely nuts.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Why don't we just see if Michael, Emmitt and Troy are ready to come back too.

No way we sign another aging star to take reps away from Crayton. You all saw how magnificently that plan worked last year with Price, and he was a Bledsoe favorite.

Santana Holmes will be taken at 18, and we'll be set till the first of Terry, Key or Rockets kids turn 18---and even thought that more than likely isn't very far off, it will set us for a few years atleast.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Man, time seems to have shaded quite a few memories around here. Yes, he was fast, and yes, he caught a dramatic pass on opening day against the Commanders, but I sorta remember him being hurt alot, and dropping alot of balls.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rojan said:
Do you guys remeber himstart with us....It was the 1st game of the season and we were facing the Dedskins...I remember us being down by like 21 and we came back and tied to take it to over time...That is when I saw teh best play I have ever seen in my life...Play-action deep Ismail...GAME OVER!!!..That was really when I got obsessed with the BOYS...I followed them but I got obsessed after that game..I remember me and my buddy's studied that play till we had it down packed

that was awesome, but most people forget on virtually the exact same play earlier in the game Aikman threw a perfect deep ball to him and he dropped it

David

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Rocket had some great moments and then some that made you scream ***???

Other than the Commanders game winner in OT my other favorite play he made was also vs the Skins. We lined up in a 3 wr set and Rocket was being covered by Darrell Green. Rocket pointed it out to Troy and bang TD pass to Rocket. Darrell was an awesome player but he just couldn't cover Rocket at the end of his career.

ravidubey

Reaction score
JTnNC said:
Wow, The Rocket wanting to come back. I remember his first year in Dallas that great season opener. We jumped out to the big lead, then the skins come back and took a 21 point lead, then we come back again and tie, 1 second left on the clock and the skins had a chance at a game winning field goal, botched snap and overtime. First possesion of ot the playaction to the rocket and game over. What a game. I actually had the police called to my house by a neighbor because of all the screaming. One of the best games I have ever seen. I still have that one on tape.The fact people were calling the skins super bowl bound made it that much sweeter. Rocket was brought in to compliment Michael Irvin. The first 3 games of the year we were one of the only unbeaten teams in the league. They were saying "The Boys Are Back". Week 4 brought The Eagles. Michael Irvin got carted off the field, career over. Unfortunatly Rocket was no number 1 receiver. Season Lost.

It would be intresting to see Rocket back. If he came back strong it would for sure be a great football story. Im sad to say I think Terry Glenn is basically the same guy as Rocket. Rocket could not be a number 1 then, he sure cant be one now. That is what we need. A game breaker receiver. Not another guy who is a number 2 or 3 . Probably not a good idea to take snaps away from Crayton to give somebody who has no future here. There are worse moves that could be made though.

I was at that game and it was awesome. Ironically Troy threw the same pass earlier in the game and Rocket dropped it. When he caught the pass in overtime, the entire Cowboys bench emptied and swarmed the field making a beeline for Ismail. Awesome. BTW, Ismail still had 80 catches that year in spite of Irvin's injury. We had lost 17 starters to injury at one point.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
rojan said:
Do you guys remeber himstart with us....It was the 1st game of the season and we were facing the Dedskins...I remember us being down by like 21 and we came back and tied to take it to over time.

That was great.

I was watching that game at a bar in Lancaster, PA. Some drunk jerk kept going on and on all game about how the Cowboys were done. How they sucked and how they were going downhill fast. He really focused on me for his trash talk since I was clearly rooting for our Boys.

He left (I thought) with the Skins ahead by 21. After the comeback, I saw him outside -- still talking. I asked him if he knew the final score -- he didn't so I recounted the game in painful detail for him.

Of course, he was right about one thing. We were dead in the water that year.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
:lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2:

You can't be serious

Perless never could carry Rocket's jock strap

unless you mean that he can't play like he once did and would be a huge waist of time and money.

I am not saying Rocket was the greatest ever, but Peerless was/never will be on his level.

:lmao2: :starspin :lmao2: :starspin :lmao2:

rynochop

Reaction score
I thought he had neck problems as well, and that's why he retired. ?

Is he as old as Jerry Rice?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Consider where the rumor is coming from. They have to do something to get $90 a year out of folks.

Throw in a few false rumors and a scoop about a scrub being traded for a conditional pick and you too can have your own pay site.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
He's older than Crazy Legs Hirsch

No, I'm pretty sure Elroy has got him by a couple months but yeah, might as well ask Mike to come back.