Rumor: Vanderjagt Will be Signed Today

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Guys im told from my friend who works now for the Cowboys, that Vandejagt will be signed today. Usually he doesnt get wind of these things before hand but from what he said he overheard it .

overheard Ireland saying to his Boss,''well make it quick I got to get our Kicker Signed today'' His boss pressed who??,and he said '' Mannings best bud '' his bossed then said Vanderjagt??!! He said ''yes'!! they both laughed and then they want onto other discussions.

so it sounds like it should be announced today

silver

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Guys im told from my friend who works now for the Cowboys, that Vandejagt will be signed today. Usaully he doesnt get wind of these things before hand but from what he said he overheard it .

overheard Ireland saying to his Boss,''well make it quick I got to get our Kicker Signed today'' His boss pressed who??,and he said '' Mannings best bud '' his bossed then said Vanderjagt??!! He said ''yes'!! they both laughed and then they want onto other discussions.

so it sounds like it should be annonced today
good.

Champsheart

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Guys im told from my friend who works now for the Cowboys, that Vandejagt will be signed today. Usaully he doesnt get wind of these things before hand but from what he said he overheard it .

so it sounds like it should be annonced today

I hope you are right, I have a feeling you are! :starspin

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
We'll this would ease the minds of cowboy fans that's for sure. I hope we get it done!!!!!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I hope this isn't one of those "I heard Ferris passed out at 31Flavors" things again.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I hope this isn't one of those "I heard Ferris passed out at 31Flavors" things again.

I think it's more of a "I can see what everyone else can see, but I'm gonna make a thread about it" thing.:D

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Guys im told from my friend who works now for the Cowboys, that Vandejagt will be signed today.

How can a guy who has a friend in the Advertising and Marketing department for the Cowboys have only 641 posts? Shame on you, now go get us some stories!:D

thewivil

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
I don't want Vanderjack, the guy can't kickoff and is a headcase!

How is he a headcase? He got drunk and said some stupid things about his teammate. If people called me crazy every time I said something dumb in a drunken stupor, I'd probably be in the loony bin now.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
He just got the job in Janaury , and isnt 600 plus posts enough !! haha

Also like i said he doesnt usually get wind of things before they happen. He told me though anytime Ireland who rarely walks into his department, everyone always perks up .His desk happens to be right next to his Boss's office and Ireland had a meeting in his department early this morning.He overheard there conversation.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
thewivil said:
How is he a headcase? He got drunk and said some stupid things about his teammate. If people called me crazy every time I said something dumb in a drunken stupor, I'd probably be in the loony bin now.
Excellent point sir. BRILLIANT!

stiletto

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
I don't want Vanderjac, the guy can't kickoff and is a headcase!

What do you want? Billy Cundiff? Give me a break. Vanderjagt is a tier 1 kicker. 20000x better than we've had before. His kickoffs will suffice.... at least we won't have to hold our breaths near as much on 32 yard field goals. Something to be said for that my friend....

jcblanco22

Reaction score
I wonder what role Ireland actually has in "getting our kicker signed", once we get to the point of negotiations like we presumably are w/ Vanderjagt. I thought Ireland was only in scouting?