Rumor: Vanderjagt Will be Signed Today

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I am a little disappointed if true, however, being I bleed blue and silver, then I will pull for the guy 100%

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe said:
Just a word of advice from a reporter who uses sources.

Don't be so specific next time. I know you're trying to establish credibility of source, but you don't want to get your buddy in trouble in the future.

I suspect that members of the Dallas Cowboys organization DO read this board. So try to be a little less specific next time. We need our inside moles to be as anonymous as possible. :D

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I once took some pictures at a closed Bucs practice and posted them on the Bucs board. I was then PM'd by a mod asking for me not to do it anymore. I didn't want to get my connection inside in trouble with the Bucs.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Kickers miss. Vanderjagt just misses less than everyone else.
Not just much less often, but he is the all time most accurate kicker in NFL history. :)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Not just much less often, but he is the all time most accurate kicker in NFL history. :)

I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I think he's made something like 82 of his last 89 field goal attempts. That's just sick.

DipChit

Reaction score
Just sign the guy already. He's obviously the best kicker this outfit will have had in a very long time.

If all of a sudden he cant hit the broad side of a barn so be it.. at least you'll have tried to address a glaring need in the right way.

I agree with what someone else that said his last miss is kind of something that one cant forget but if it werent for that particular kick thered be basically no reason at all to believe you werent truly getting a Mr. Automatic.

But maybe I'm biased cause I"m just another drunk from WI myself. ;)

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Dale said:
I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I think he's made something like 82 of his last 89 field goal attempts. That's just sick.

seems like we've missed 82 of our last 89 attempts.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It will be nice to actually see a kicking streak of made fgs on our side for once. Watching the opponents no matter who they were make everything week to week was killing me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Based on all the previous posts on this topic... I guess I am the only one who is gonna be freaking out when VanderShank lines up for Game Winning Field Goal....?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Some things to consider.

Granted, Vinatieri is certainly more prone to bad weather in NE, Buf, NY, but...

Vanderjagt
Indoors 87.6 (127/145)
Outdoors 87.4 (90/103)

Vinatieri
Indoors 94.4 (34/36)
Outdoors 80.4 (229/285)

The big kicks stick in our mind (as they should) and that kick against Pittsburgh was god-awful. I don't know what they consider "close" and "close/late", but...

Vanderjagt
Close 89.1 (90/101)
Close/Late 89.5 (34/38)

Vinatieri
Close 80.0 (136/170)
Close/Late 78.4 (29/37)

mwmilsted

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Guys im told from my friend who works now for the Cowboys, that Vandejagt will be signed today. Usually he doesnt get wind of these things before hand but from what he said he overheard it .

overheard Ireland saying to his Boss,''well make it quick I got to get our Kicker Signed today'' His boss pressed who??,and he said '' Mannings best bud '' his bossed then said Vanderjagt??!! He said ''yes'!! they both laughed and then they want onto other discussions.

so it sounds like it should be announced today
Sorry, but more proof than this is required to substantiate the rumor.
Call him again and ask for an afternoon update. I am sure he can get
JJ's attention.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I hope this isn't one of those "I heard Ferris passed out at 31Flavors" things again.

Norm had JJT on the ticket saying the same thing but we shall see

DBoys

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Just a word of advice from a reporter who uses sources.

Don't be so specific next time. I know you're trying to establish credibility of source, but you don't want to get your buddy in trouble in the future.

I suspect that members of the Dallas Cowboys organization DO read this board. So try to be a little less specific next time. We need our inside moles to be as anonymous as possible. :D

Yeah mods or Mike I would remove the details from your posts. Simply say you have a friend inside and we will believe you. We have had some really good inside tips of late thanks for sharing.

sago1

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm really going to have the opportunity to watch us SUCCESSFULLY kick a FG; no more cringing down, slouching in my seat, or leaving the room til the play is over. No more stoicly preparing myself before hand for the miss. I'm going to treasure this moment for months to come & think back on it with awe. Another great Cowboy minute. To actually have confidence in a Cowboy kicker--a real life Cowboy kicker--never thought I'd see the day. I feel the tears coming. Oh well. Vanderjagt's not my first choice because of his kick off skill--or lack there off--but he's best now available and Jerry better get it done. If he doesn't, how soon can we rally at VR to set first stage for a takeover. LOL

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thewivil said:
How is he a headcase? He got drunk and said some stupid things about his teammate. If people called me crazy every time I said something dumb in a drunken stupor, I'd probably be in the loony bin now.

yeah, we all been there (the drunk stupid statement thing) not the loony bin.
Jusk ask Jerry & Jimmy where the drunken stupid statement thing will get you.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Based on all the previous posts on this topic... I guess I am the only one who is gonna be freaking out when VanderShank lines up for Game Winning Field Goal....?
Naw I will be too. I find it dumb that we will go after him but not Vinatieri :confused: when the $$$ will probably not be far off. Vinatieri is clutch and can kickoff while he can't really do neither. But at least he can make the easy FG which is something we haven't had in a while.

DipChit

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Can't believe I'm really going to have the opportunity to watch us SUCCESSFULLY kick a FG; no more cringing down, slouching in my seat, or leaving the room til the play is over.

But seriously yeah, you know the situation truly is pathetic when people actually do that.. leaving the room.. even if it's just me and you.

I mean I'm a pessimist by nature.. but not to the degree where I have to think that I'm sure a 35 yard field goal is going to be missed until proven otherwise. It's supposed to be the other way around... pessimist or not.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Naw I will be too. I find it dumb that we will go after him but not Vinatieri :confused: when the $$$ will probably not be far off. Vinatieri is clutch and can kickoff while he can't really do neither. But at least he can make the easy FG which is something we haven't had in a while.

Lets Not forget, Adam V, as clutch as he is said to be, is not a kicker that kicks very well outside of 40 yds.. Mike V is a better all around FG kicker than Adam V.