Rumors are Brian Kelly just took the LSU job

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are people thinking that Kingsbury would leave an up and coming Cardinals team with Kyler Murray to return to college?

OU said they are targeting him as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why are people thinking that Kingsbury would leave an up and coming Cardinals team with Kyler Murray to return to college?

OU said they are targeting him as well.

There is no way that ND would even be out there telling sources who they would be looking at this soon.

This is just reporters spinning crap for eyeballs.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
That one is a joke parody of the original report of OU being interested in Kingsbury. But that OU report was just Kingsbury's agent feeding Adam Schefter info to try to boost Kingsbury's value with the Cardinals since he is in a contract year. Sure OU would be interested but it's probably not mutual.

For that money LSU is giving Kelly, it's a no-brainer. He might have peaked at Notre Dame and with the Transfer Portal Era, it will be easier to get talent at LSU than ND

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of find it odd.
Look, I don't like ND but at the same time it is an institution that is pretty big in the Football world.

I have to wonder if Kelly and his agent gave ND a chance to outbid LSU or if he made the agreement with LSU before letting ND know.

I would think ND could pay a HC anything they wanted if they wanted to keep him bad enough.

terra

Reaction score
Kind of find it odd.
Look, I don't like ND but at the same time it is an institution that is pretty big in the Football world.

I have to wonder if Kelly and his agent gave ND a chance to outbid LSU or if he made the agreement with LSU before letting ND know.

I would think ND could pay a HC anything they wanted if they wanted to keep him bad enough.
They could; odds are the consensus was that they could do better than Kelly. They could but will they?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is crazy! ND is a better job. His name is Kelly!

I want to see how he is going to go head to head with Saban and Jimbo Fisher for LA talent with zero roots in the area. It doesn't get anymore bayou than Ed Ogeron and he couldn't recruit against those guys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rather see him go to OU, as a Texas fan.

:lmao::lmao:

Jason Garret will be lucky to land a coaching job in the Ivy League. He just got fired for bringing the same stale offense to NY that he ran in Dallas for the 10 previous years.

At this point, Garret is looking at a QB coaching gig in the NFL or maybe an OC job in college if he chooses to try and reinvent himself. In fact, i'd wager he ends up on Sabans staff.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could; odds are the consensus was that they could do better than Kelly. They could but will they?

I have a feeling it will be Fickell or Campbell.

Hope both stay where they are at but it would not shock me if it is one of those two.

Sydla

Reaction score
Kind of find it odd.

The ND AD said Kelly didn't give him a chance to counter.

ND could pay as much as they want but they typically don't. Kelly has always had a love/hate relationship with ND. He thinks he's been awesome at ND but many fans point out that he's been woeful against Top 10 teams, often getting blown out and has never won a major bowl at ND. He often bristles at any criticism of his program.

Which makes it fun to watch how he's going to deal with LSU fans if he isn't beating Bama and playing for a NC right off the bat. LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have a feeling it will be Fickell or Campbell.

Hope both stay where they are at but it would not shock me if it is one of those two.

Those would be my guesses with maybe their DC, Marcus Freeman as a third option.

I just don't think that highly of Campbell.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those would be my guesses with maybe their DC, Marcus Freeman as a third option.

I just don't think that highly of Campbell.

Some have talked about their OC but also said he is pretty young to be a first time HC in such a high position team like ND.
Tommy Rees I believe.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some have talked about their OC but also said he is pretty young to be a first time HC in such a high position team like ND.
Tommy Rees I believe.

Can't imagine they'd consider him unless they were extremely desperate.

terra

Reaction score
Can't imagine they'd consider him unless they were extremely desperate.
Rees had not exactly impressed a lot of people. Freeman has but he has also only been a coach for 5 years.

Kind of stupid to put a inexperienced assistant as HC of one of the most pressure packed jobs in College Football.

uvaballa

Reaction score
College football is all about the dollars even though coaches and universities try to say it’s not. Still not sure why coaches and schools can’t wait until the offseason to do this.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think matt campbell or luke fickell will end up in south bend.
like both.
solid coaches.
notre dame and ou might end up with each.