Video: Run Blocking OG

kskboys

Reaction score
Hilarious stuff. The rest of the NFL has no interest in Filo, cheap FA signing. However, they are all wrong, he's a real stud and a topflight starting OG in the NFL!!!!!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Which play was he getting pushed around?

This has been his biggest knock since switching to guard. Fans are always saying he needs to get stronger, one more year, etc.

He’s better suited to play tackle. Whenever we play teams with good DT’s he gets moved around. I’m sure if you stop cherry picking videos you’ll find one or make one..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been his biggest knock since switching to guard. Fans are always saying he needs to get stronger, one more year, etc.

He’s better suited to play tackle. Whenever we play teams with good DT’s he gets moved around. I’m sure if you stop cherry picking videos you’ll find one or make one..

Many fans are clueless losers that have no clue what actually happens in games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing moronic is you trying to prove a point with two examples. Anyone can make any point they want on two videos

There are multiple plays in each video.

It would be moronic to post about the videos without actually watching them...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are multiple plays in each video.

It would be moronic to post about the videos without actually watching them...

Multiple videos? Wow, that surely covers everything. LOL

The only thing moronic is actually someone wasting their time paying attention to your analysis.

Your defending of scrubs like Heath, Chaz Green, and our horrid DT's are legendary.

I on the other hand have nailed nearly every player and their talent or otherwise for years.

If you are wondering about a player, maybe you should just aske me?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Each video is a sequence of run plays.

One video is with Connor Williams at LG and one video is with Xavier Su'a-Filo at LG.

Note: These are from real games (regular season) NOT preseason games.

You decide which one is better.

I agree with this message. The videos don't lie.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Loooool. Right on schedule xwalker,and be dissapointed if not. Your season long Connor campaign stays firmly in tact. I’ll give you a like for just that.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Many fans are clueless losers that have no clue what actually happens in games.

True but some also have weird agendas and cherry pick videos and stats..

He’s getting better but it’s clear as day he’s playing out of his natural position..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
True but some also have weird agendas and cherry pick videos and stats..

He’s getting better but it’s clear as day he’s playing out of his natural position..
It's clear as day that he can play OG.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

One video is with Connor Williams at LG and one video is with Xavier Su'a-Filo at LG.

I didn't watch these but I already know who is better, but more importantly, I know who the team wants and that's really the only thing that matters in any discussion on this topic.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe the real telling issue here is people not believing what they see because of their agendas, and blaming this on cherry picking. Also the fact the coaching staff shows a preference for Williams over Su`a Filo should indicate the people who see them practice daily has a better understanding of what each player brings to the table than fans.

As time wears on, it occurs to me people want to find a whipping boy to blame the losses.

Williams isn't perfect, but he is serviceable.

What really steams the beans is the fact FredBeard has not regained his former greatness. I suspect he will play far better next season when he has a year under his belt from being "cured" from his disease.

I also believe Connor McGovern will prove to push Williams at his position. He was pretty great in college.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the real telling issue here is people not believing what they see because of their agendas, and blaming this on cherry picking. Also the fact the coaching staff shows a preference for Williams over Su`a Filo should indicate the people who see them practice daily has a better understanding of what each player brings to the table than fans.

As time wears on, it occurs to me people want to find a whipping boy to blame the losses.

Williams isn't perfect, but he is serviceable.

What really steams the beans is the fact FredBeard has not regained his former greatness. I suspect he will play far better next season when he has a year under his belt from being "cured" from his disease.

I also believe Connor McGovern will prove to push Williams at his position. He was pretty great in college.

People are seriously missing a good story which is the development of Connor Williams.

He has many plays that make me think "wow". He handles stunts and blitzes extremely well now. His positioning and timing in run blocking is really good and he executes 2nd level blocks on LBs as well as any OL on the team. Many OL often miss LBs or DBs in the open field, but CW is able to stay in control and hit the target.

When he has leverage to plant his feet or "sit down" in his block as they say, he shows good strength.

His only issue at this point is off-balance or out of position by blocking. Guys like Tyron can often reach out and block a defender even from off-balance positions; whereas, CW needs to be in good position to block with leverage. The good thing is that he now manages to stay in good position most of the time.

I think one reason they drafted McGovern (other than being BPA) was because they didn't know if Frederick would hold up for the season.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People are seriously missing a good story which is the development of Connor Williams.

He has many plays that make me think "wow". He handles stunts and blitzes extremely well now. His positioning and timing in run blocking is really good and he executes 2nd level blocks on LBs as well as any OL on the team. Many OL often miss LBs or DBs in the open field, but CW is able to stay in control and hit the target.

When he has leverage to plant his feet or "sit down" in his block as they say, he shows good strength.

His only issue at this point is off-balance or out of position by blocking. Guys like Tyron can often reach out and block a defender even from off-balance positions; whereas, CW needs to be in good position to block with leverage. The good thing is that he now manages to stay in good position most of the time.

I think one reason they drafted McGovern (other than being BPA) was because they didn't know if Frederick would hold up for the season.

You may be right about Frederick.

I see what you see about Connor Williams. I also see La'el Collins becoming a player and people around these parts are wow'd by his improvement. Sometimes it takes time. If CW was ZM, then he would have been a first round choice.

But, the knock on Williams is he has short arms. Which play right into the reaching issue when he gets off balance. But he is far and away not the biggest problem on this team's line.

One of the biggest concerns is the fact teams still believe they need to stop Zeke, and force Dak to beat them. I think Dak has figured it out. regardless of last night. Yet this line is not playing the run game like they have before. Zeke needs to get his mind right and get into top shape. But the line needs to consistently open holes.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

I see what you see about Connor Williams. I also see La'el Collins becoming a player and people around these parts are wow'd by his improvement. Sometimes it takes time. If CW was ZM, then he would have been a first round choice.

But, the knock on Williams is he has short arms. Which play right into the reaching issue when he gets off balance. But he is far and away not the biggest problem on this team's line.

One of the biggest concerns is the fact teams still believe they need to stop Zeke, and force Dak to beat them. I think Dak has figured it out. regardless of last night. Yet this line is not playing the run game like they have before. Zeke needs to get his mind right and get into top shape. But the line needs to consistently open holes.
CW has (33") sliightly longer arm length than ZM (32 7/8")

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Reach Blocks. He's never going to be real good with those.

garyv

Reaction score

Dallas has some issues on the OL. Conner Williams would make a good 6th man but not starter and Tyron has health problems and
too many penalities this is why I've stated over an over OL should be the focus in the 1st Round and DT in the 2nd Round.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Holes are there TD3. We just aren't executing in the run game, to me. They aren't the same kind of holes we used to see before but I suspect it's because we no longer cut guys. We don't use the same technique we used to and so, it looks as if there are no holes to run through but there are. I mean, not every play but they are there. We just gotta be a little more urgent in how we go about running the ball IMO.