Run Game - Run to the Left

khiladi

Reaction score
Was it just me, or did it seem that we run much better towards the left side of the offensive line? During the drive in the first half where Barber just got his game on, it seemed like everything was to the left. The second half, my perception is we went more to the right and was not as successful.

Even the play where JJ got around 10, but the line was called for a non-existent holding, there was a major hole on the left side. As a side note, Jones should have cut inside to go all the way right before he got tackled, but yet again, due to his absolutely horrid peripheral vision, he ran staright into the defensive back..

They should have stayed with Barber though in the first half, especially after that drive where he had the 30 yard run. By going Julius the next drive, it seems that we just lose our sync.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Well, the runs that put the game away at the end were to the right.

On the season Barber has a 5.8 YPC running to the right and a 4.3 YPC running to the left.

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;1851926 said:
Well, the runs that put the game away at the end were to the right.

True, but that was the end of the game, and it seemed that the OL had beat up on the Carolina D-line into submission. The last play they clearly were going left, but Barber made a cut-back all the way to the right and got the first. It really showed how tired the Panthers defense was because the Cowboys OL just had them going left and the Panthers couldn't do anything about it.

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;1851926 said:
On the season Barber has a 5.8 YPC running to the right and a 4.3 YPC running to the left.

Interesting stats... I guess it is just perception... I'd like to see the stats on this particular game though...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
we have a great left-side of the line, Flozell is a great run-blocker and Kosier is great at pulling and playing in space

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Whats amazing to me is....

Barber actually cuts back instead of running into the pile like so many backs do.

Its frustrating when RB run into the collapsed pile. How is it that Barber bounces out and around those piles. The dumcasters for the NFL network made and interesting point about his horizontal leap that sets him free and up the field.

Why dont more RB's do this?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
khiladi;1851948 said:
Interesting stats... I guess it is just perception... I'd like to see the stats on this particular game though...
Right - 8 for 22 (2.8 YPC)

Left - 9 for 72 (8.0 YPC)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
YoMick;1851966 said:
Whats amazing to me is....

Barber actually cuts back instead of running into the pile like so many backs do.

Its frustrating when RB run into the collapsed pile. How is it that Barber bounces out and around those piles. The dumcasters for the NFL network made and interesting point about his horizontal leap that sets him free and up the field.

Why dont more RB's do this?

Yeah imagine if he had JJ's speed:a-team:

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;1851969 said:
Right - 8 for 22 (2.8 YPC)

Left - 9 for 72 (8.0 YPC)

Thanks... I guess my perception for this game was right.