Run or Pass vs NO

GMO415

Reaction score
We're going into a hostile environment on primetime. Should DAL be run happy or pass happy against the Saints?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We're going into a hostile environment on primetime. Should DAL be run happy or pass happy against the Saints?

I prefer a combination of run AND pass.

Kidding aside, the Saints have been bad vs the run and pass to start the season. Dallas has been a pass first team to start the season. I would expect the dome to be loud so they should ram Zeke down the Saints gullet to start the game. Get the fans to pipe down a bit and then burn them deep. Run first. Couple short routes to the outside to keep the D honest. Run some more. Take a couple shots deep, Easy peezy.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Shove it,...............down their throats.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Gotta pass to set up the run in this game I believe. NO will come to stop the run and force Dak to beat them. He has been getting off to slow starts-- and in a hostile environment-- they have to hope he "gets greedy" like he did vs Miami and make some mistakes.

RPOs, play-action passes, designed QB runs, bootlegs, rollouts etc.... all need to be in play from the whistle. I would also go hurry up and get some early scores to build confidence and take the crowd out of it and make Bridgwater play from behind. Gotta hurt them through the air to make them back off-- and then work the body with Elliott. Would also throw a lot to Elliott and Pollard with Gallup still hurt... motion them out of the backfield and make a LB cover them. Work the short passing game and WEAR THAT DEFENSE OUT so we can run the ball down their throats with a lead in the 2nd half and limit the NO offensive possessions.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Our offense is built to do both so
200.gif

GMO415

Reaction score
Gotta pass to set up the run in this game I believe. NO will come to stop the run and force Dak to beat them. He has been getting off to slow starts-- and in a hostile environment-- they have to hope he "gets greedy" like he did vs Miami and make some mistakes.

RPOs, play-action passes, designed QB runs, bootlegs, rollouts etc.... all need to be in play from the whistle. I would also go hurry up and get some early scores to build confidence and take the crowd out of it and make Bridgwater play from behind. Gotta hurt them through the air to make them back off-- and then work the body with Elliott. Would also throw a lot to Elliott and Pollard with Gallup still hurt... motion them out of the backfield and make a LB cover them. Work the short passing game and WEAR THAT DEFENSE OUT so we can run the ball down their throats with a lead in the 2nd half and limit the NO offensive possessions.
If when Dak kills it again by air, I don't think teams will think that they can just focus on stopping the run.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak has to come out hot in the air. Then shove the ball down there throats and break the neck.

cowboyec

Reaction score
whatever allows us to eat the clock.
similar to our 2nd half last week.