Run the Horses...

dooomsday

Reaction score
If pre-season was any indication of this season we will have an extremely potent running attack. We should be able to run well with the combination of Barber's tackle breaking big plays and JuJo's steady pushes. I have to think Barber gets better as he has every year. With more rushes, there's a lot of potential in the running game.

Considering TO is one of the best, well, ever, we are fine in combo with the now experienced Crayton.

I remember when Harper left and Irvin was paired with Kevin Williams I thought the passing game would ever be the same. Of course we won another SB.

Crayton is polished, Hurds a playmaker. TO/Romo and the running game will generate as much O was we'll need.

Oh, yeah, we have one of the better receiving TEs in the league!:star:

dooomsday

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1625168 said:
we ran like crap in preseason

LOL! Kill joy!

I disagree. I thought JuJo, Barber and TT in particular ran pretty well. And I though the first team OL had a pretty nice push. I dont really care abou the the back ups! LOL!

As a team we were middle of the pack this pre season of course with 2 back up OLs and running TT and Battle 1/2 the time. 102 yards a game.

IMO- Barber and JuJo ran as crisp as ever, and Biiggs was a smart addition.

Not sure what you watched but I thought the first team rushing attack was effective in the first quarter.

:star:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1625218 said:
LOL! Kill joy!

I disagree. I thought JuJo, Barber and TT in particular ran pretty well. And I though the first team OL had a pretty nice push. I dont really care abou the the back ups! LOL!

As a team we were middle of the pack this pre season of course with 2 back up OLs and running TT and Battle 1/2 the time. 102 yards a game.

IMO- Barber and JuJo ran as crisp as ever, and Biiggs was a smart addition.

Not sure what you watched but I thought the first team rushing attack was effective in the first quarter.

:star:
it was preseason. nobody was trying that hard

parchy

Reaction score
As much as I love the two-headed thing, our RBs don't benefit that much from it aside from being fresh in the second half. It breaks up their rhythm. Julius is very much a rhythmic centered back (see his first season when he was the feature back), and it seems to me like MBIII breaks that up.

Julius has also had god-awful games on his own without MBIII's help, so maybe he's just not that good.

Parche

Reaction score
dooomsday;1625166 said:
If pre-season was any indication of this season we will have an extremely potent running attack. We should be able to run well with the combination of Barber's tackle breaking big plays and JuJo's steady pushes. I have to think Barber gets better as he has every year. With more rushes, there's a lot of potential in the running game.

Considering TO is one of the best, well, ever, we are fine in combo with the now experienced Crayton.

I remember when Harper left and Irvin was paired with Kevin Williams I thought the passing game would ever be the same. Of course we won another SB.

Crayton is polished, Hurds a playmaker. TO/Romo and the running game will generate as much O was we'll need.

Oh, yeah, we have one of the better receiving TEs in the league!:star:

As you didnt mention Glenn, lets hope thats enough at least for this first game.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
The Saints O and D looked outstanding in preseason.

So what's your point?

Parche

Reaction score
TunaFan33;1625697 said:
The Saints O and D looked outstanding in preseason.

So what's your point?

As they played with Atlanta tonight....