Running Back Depth

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
It seems apparent that Dallas has moved on from Rod Smith and will be looking for a #2 RB

Like the last few years, this year's draft class appears to have decent depth at RB

I think guys like Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Mike Weber, Rodney Anderson, Elijah Holyfield could be good enough #2 RBs and be found in the 4th, 5th rounds (read: CHEAP).

I think Anderson's size (6' 224) would be a good thing on ST

the only veteran RBs available that I can think of that could be decent (and cheap) #2s are maaaybe Jay Ajayi and Spencer Ware. But these are guys that would have to play STs & get maybe 5-7 carries per game (IF that)

Mr_437

Reaction score
It seems apparent that Dallas has moved on from Rod Smith and will be looking for a #2 RB

Like the last few years, this year's draft class appears to have decent depth at RB

I think guys like Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Mike Weber, Rodney Anderson, Elijah Holyfield could be good enough #2 RBs and be found in the 4th, 5th rounds (read: CHEAP).

the only veteran RBs available that I can think of that could be decent (and cheap) #2s are maaaybe Jay Ajayi and Spencer Ware. But these are guys that would have to play STs & get maybe 5-7 carries per game (IF that)
I like some of the draftable RBs you mentioned in Love, Anderson and Holyfield, but I mostly stick to the guys DAL brought in or visited with:
Weber - you know Zeke is in somebody's ear about Mike. This RB has the speed DAL needs at the position to keep the pressure on a defense when #21 needs a breather. Breakaway speed, hands, cut n power.

Tony Pollard - a RB, Slot WR n KR'er in one 5'10 210 frame. Playmaker that checks all the boxes for me as a versatile offensive weapon.

Trayveon Williams - productive runner in the SEC, nuff said. Surprisingly, an alert n good pass blocker. Williams is a good second level RB, kinda weaves thru traffic. Good speed and will take advantage of a good blocking.

Give me any of these 3 guys, plus a vet like Spencer Ware for power or TJ Yeldon. Either seems like the RB position is one of surplus, so no need to rush.

kskboys

Reaction score

I think most of those guys will be gone by the time we pick in the 4th. I think you're looking more at a Ty Johnson or a Jordan Scarlett type

bodi

Reaction score
this is my new RB

L.J. Scott, RB, Michigan State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 227. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 9.38.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. Three Cone: 7.27.
Bench: 21. Vertical: 33. Broad: 10-0.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.
4/6/19: Two NFL running backs coaches told me that Scott impressed them at the combine with how he looked running the ball in the field drills and his work as a receiver. Scott was injured for a lot of 2018 and missed eight games. As such he had just 79 carries, which he turned into a total of 263 yards - 3.3 average. Scott also had 10 receptions for 95 yards. The injuries could cause Scott to slide even though he has the skill set of an early-rounder.

8/28/18 According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Scott checks in at 6-foot, 225 pounds. He has 32.13-inch arms and 9.5-inch hands. He is said to run the 40 in 4.60 seconds.

Scott averaged 4.5 yards per carry in 2017 for 898 yards and eight touchdowns. He totaled 20 receptions for 146 yards and a touchdown as well. Sources think that Scott is more than just a power back. They like Scott's surprising speed and believe he has the athletic ability to be more than a North-South runner. He is patient and has feet that can make tacklers miss. He needs to work on his ball security though.

Scouts think that Scott could be even more athletic and quicker if he drops some weight. They talk about how Le'Veon Bell was too heavy at Michigan State and became a different player after losing weight at the direction of the Steelers. Scott may not get a lot of notice, but teams are eyeing him as a value pick. Scott ran for 994 yards on 184 carries - a 5.4-yard average - with six touchdowns as a sophomore.

Read more at http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/draft2019RB.php#E2l2JsSxmIbyGiTa.99

Last edited: