Running back market seems to be 8 million

reddyuta

Reaction score
pass on all the RBs,the only ones in our budget is guys like Ronald Jones,its better we use the Draft for RB.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Well just look at the fans on Cowboyszone. No one wants to spend 8 million which is nothing on Derrick Henry or Aaron Jones when we just paid Pollard 11. We're actually saving money but no it's not cheap enough we need to sign one with our 6th round pick.
There's a mistaken belief that we can address all the holes in the draft with Day 1 starters.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
My thoughts are that if the market is 8 million for Tony pollard and the cowboys passed on that, then the cowboys will sign someone in the 4,5,6 range and draft the running back of the future.
Yeah but the guys talked about on here are going to want more

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yeah but the guys talked about on here are going to want more

Really confused by what you mean….lol my point is that if the cowboys passed on 8 million and the guys talked about here cost more then we can deduce that 8 for Dallas is too high a price which eliminates those players and simultaneously makes $7m the ceiling at best but likely much lower.

Which means the cowboys likely want to spend between 3-6m per on a vet and use him along with a rookie rb.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Really confused by what you mean….lol my point is that if the cowboys passed on 8 million and the guys talked about here cost more then we can deduce that 8 for Dallas is too high a price which eliminates those players and simultaneously makes $7m the ceiling at best but likely much lower.

Which means the cowboys likely want to spend between 3-6m per on a vet and use him along with a rookie rb.
How you get “cowboys didn’t pay 3yrs@8 per = 3m per offer” seems weird to me.

I’m sure they came in much closer to 8

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
How you get “cowboys didn’t pay 3yrs@8 per = 3m per offer” seems weird to me.

I’m sure they came in much closer to 8

What are you talking about…pollard signed a 3 year deal for 24 million. 24/3 is 8. So 8 was too much for Dallas to pay Tony pollard. So we know from that that they don’t want to be at 8 for a running back and weren’t ever going to be in Barkleys price range

Kwyn

Reaction score
I must have misunderstood your comment.

When you said 3-6 you were leaving pollard out of that possible range. That’s where I was confused

Jayinem

Reaction score
Oops!!!!!!!!!!!!

See that's where I agree with you that's a bad contract.

But I'm not a Saquon fan.

However it shows a professional team still thinks the running back position has value and you can't just bargain bin shop for them like you want to.

If we don't sign a rb and go draft only like you want, we better nail it or we're screwed.

Deuce was only a 6th round pick but still shows that production in college doesn't automatically translate to production in the NFL.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
However it shows a professional team still thinks the running back position has value and you can't just bargain bin shop for them like you want to.

If we don't sign a rb and go draft only like you want, we better nail it or we're screwed.
I've said all off season they should sign a vet and draft a RB. But I'm sure as hell not paying that insane amount to a RB.

Give me a back like Moss (for example) and draft Allen and the Cowboys would be in far better shape at RB than the Eagles now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deuce was only a 6th round pick but still shows that production in college doesn't automatically translate to production in the NFL.
He never had a chance last year. I'll never understand why MM said they would have a package for him, and never did. Just one more reason I wanted him gone.

Sully

Reaction score
Several running backs signing today for 8 million dollars, we kind of have a ball park estimate of what the top guys will want. I guess we really are going to wait! Please give your thoughts
Well-- Henry is certainty to not sign for less than 8M. No way and Dallas isn't going to pay anywhere close to 8 with their cap problem.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Several running backs signing today for 8 million dollars, we kind of have a ball park estimate of what the top guys will want. I guess we really are going to wait! Please give your thoughts
Don't worry, we'll bring back Elliott for $4 million or less.