Running Back Prospects

cristglo

Reaction score
My only concern here is we’ve done nothing to fix the D unless we go nuts in FA.

Also I think there’s some risk in assuming that 2 rookies will both hit and immediately improve our run blocking.
With the pics that we have, it’s gonna be really hard to dress so many open holes. That’s why I’m still holding out. Hope that Jerry’s gonna finally open up his wallet and spend some in free agency. That’s the only way I can see that we can get over this hump is him put his money where his mouth is

cnuball21

Reaction score
With the pics that we have, it’s gonna be really hard to dress so many open holes. That’s why I’m still holding out. Hope that Jerry’s gonna finally open up his wallet and spend some in free agency. That’s the only way I can see that we can get over this hump is him put his money where his mouth is
It’s actually simple in concept of how to free up a ton of money…history tells us Jerry won’t though.

rambo2

Reaction score
Rankings came from Draft Buzz Site

1-Jonathan Brooks Texas
2-Trey Benson Florida State
3-Blake Corum Michigan
4-Bucky Irving Oregon
5-Audric Estime Notre Dame
6-Ray Davis Kentucky
7-Dillion Johnson Washington
8-MarShawn Lloyd USC
9-Will Shipley Clemson
10-Dylan Laube New Hamshire
11-Braelon Allen Wisconsin
12-Jaylen Wright Tenn

Who is the best fit for the Cowboys inside zone scheme?
My best fits are:
MarShawn Lloyd USC
Blake Watson Memphis
Jawhan Jordan Louisville

Maybe:
Troy Benson Florida State
Jonathan Brooks Texas

I would be thrilled with MarShawn Lloyd.

ccb04

Reaction score
There are a bunch of backs I'm liking. Some workhorse guys and some power in-between the tackle guys. Vaughn is pretty good in the passing game, whether we have a OC who has the ability to game plan with him is another story. I like Jonathan Brooks but want a more immediate return on my draftee, but would consider if he's there later.

Trey Benson - My top back this year.
Audric Estime - Iykyk. Dude is a beast with some legit burst and size. I also think he has more than enough ability to be more than a pounder.
Ray Davis - A back who does everything. Has taken a lot of snaps with the QB under center. Finishes strong and can run in between the tackles well and also possessing soft hands and RAC ability.
Marshawn Lloyd - Dude is a play maker. Getting some Marshall Faulk vibes out him.
Blake Corum - Dude is nice. Has the proper weight to run in between the tackles. I really like the skillset but we have a little dude and I'm curious how much the elite Michigan line is responsible for his tape. I'll be lower than consensus, but def see the potential.
Dillon Johnson - Powerful. Strong. Runs like he has two left legs. But def a good prospect.
Braelon Allen - I like Allen's size and his skillset, but dude has a problem holding on to the ball. He's young so could get coached out of it.
Kendall Milton - I'll probably be higher than consensus. But the size is good. Also a question of Oline or back? Work horse back potential.
Jaylen Wright - Lean in the frame, but has good tape. Probably more suited for a ZBS.
Frank Gore Jr. - Different type of back than his father. A small school guy who I'm looking at as a late round flyer.
Dylan Laube - Small school CMC-lite. Good catching the ball out of the back field.
Jaden Shirden - Giving me Kyren Williams vibes. Small school prospect for a late round pick. Really good. Led FCS in rushing.
Estime, Davis, and Lloyd, are 3 of my favorites. Where do you see them going?

WhizKid

Reaction score
Estime, Davis, and Lloyd, are 3 of my favorites. Where do you see them going?
Those are all great choices. Benson is my favorite so far. I genuinely have no idea where they will go. Top of the draft not as good as last year, but could see some getting pushed up with solid combines.

sbark

Reaction score
Give me a Pesheco or J.Gibbs type that will press a gap, to draw defenders and bounce ....would help the O.line alot

rambo2

Reaction score
After further review. I'll go with Ray Davis from Kentucky.
1. Ray Davis Kentucy
2. MarShawn Lloyd USC
3. Bucky Irving Oregon

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

For anyone interested Matt Walman has quite a bit of Trey Benson on his Twitter feed

Benson is one of my top 2 RBs I desire in this class.

His vision and patience are good, and he runs with such fluidity. He’s good in the passing game as well.

But his ability to make tacklers miss is absolutely elite. He forced missed tackles at a record rate in 2023.