Running Back

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Who will end up the better running back? JJ or Marion Barber? I personally think JJ will end up being the back of the future.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Who will end up the better running back? JJ or Marion Barber? I personally think JJ will end up being the back of the future.
Neither until the oline is fixed

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I still think JJones over the long haul. But, I'm still not sold on him. With injuries, he hasn't "dazzled" me and maybe that's why I'm reluctant to jump on the bandwagon with both feet. A few great games doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Fabini should help the o-line a lot. I just hope they don't cut Larry Allen.:starspin

Hoov

Reaction score
personally, i like Barbers style a little better. it seems that the consensus is that Jones is faster and cuts better and will have more big plays and long runs than barber.

But i like the dependale tough guy, grind it out style. plus barber already showed he picks up the blitz well and is a fine receiver out of the backfield. He's the whole package while Jones is more the homerun threat. Nice combination to have, but if were only keeping one i would choose barber

ghst187

Reaction score
I lean towards JJ but I sure like MBIII an awful lot. He runs with the explosion and shiftiness that JJ didn't show but I realize that JJ was injured most of the season. Even in the Carolina game when he ran wild, it still looked like he was missing something or rusty. Can't wait to see him run a full season healthy behind a decent OL. Should be exciting. And MBIII gives us serious punch in rotation too. Love them both!
I remember checking the internet on my cell phone and seeing that we got MBIII in the fourth round. I was pumped because I saw a lot of him at U Minn. I thought he should've been a second rounder. Great pick.
The guy I probably would've take over JJ at the time: Kevin Jones, hasn't proven any more than JJ yet so it looks like getting Spears was worth the trade.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
anyone else think we signed kosher so he can be that extra "te" on the field when we do sweeps?

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
As an aside, Tyson Thompson wasn't half bad either, winning the Pepsi Rookie-of-the-Week award after going for 75 yards against the Eagles in Week 5. When's the last time we had such depth at RB?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I have to reserve judgement on JJ until he gets through a season injury free. If not for that I would say it's JJ but like I said....

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
If the right running back drops to us in the draft , I would not be surprised if we went there...
I do feel we have good depth at running back but I do not see a franshise type back, good backs but not that great one and if JJ and BP feel a franshise back drops to us and they feel it is best value for the pick than why not

jman

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:

I'll be happy if he turns out to be the back of the right now.

rynochop

Reaction score
I think JJ over the long haul, but I do really like the option of going into next season with them as a tandum. I think if Jones is completely healthy he could have a special season with a revamped line and D's having to worry about TO, Glenn and Witten.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I've been a die hard Cowboy fan my whole life, though. The reason I have a TO name is because I'm excited to have one of the best playmakers on my beloved Boys!:starspin

Mansta54

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:

JJ is by far the better and more explosive RB. The addition of TO and the upgrade at Oline, JJ will run wild this year. Watch what TO does for Terry Glenn also, teams no longer can double him.