Running Back

burmafrd

Reaction score
JJ can be the whole package= his only weakness is pass catching and he has gotten better at that. While not a great blocker, he is good enough- and will improve with more experience and training. Barber is a good short ydg back and third down back = while Thompson has potential but is still very raw.
These fantasy/Madden types always wanting to draft another RB= we have weak areas and holes that need to be filled- put down the game board and live in the real world.

gbrittain

Reaction score
I believe that Marion Barber is a fine back up RB. I dont think he will ever be anything more than that.

JJ on the other hand could be a superstar if he can stay healthy for a change.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm pulling for both guys but I really do have to give the edge to JJ just for having that great rookie season.

Now from a personal stand point my bias choice is Marion Barber, I think he played much better than JJ last season, He got the job done, not like JJ were he would have 1-2 good runs then get shut out, Barber kept the Chains moving, that's what you like, I could care less about the 20 Yard run I want consistancy( most of the time).

So my bias opinion is MArion Barber > Julius Jones.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Point is that Barber could never take over a game like JJ has shown he can.
Watched the highlights of the Carolina game and he looked just like he did in 2004 - making people miss, finding the hole and shooting through it.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Point is that Barber could never take over a game like JJ has shown he can.
Watched the highlights of the Carolina game and he looked just like he did in 2004 - making people miss, finding the hole and shooting through it.
Maybe you can find me another game where he took over? oH wait that's right you cant( no offense intended). Marion barber played consistant most of his games, he even had some very good ones like against Arizona, and lets not forget he had some nice crucial runs to help us win some close games.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Julius Jones. With an improved O-line and TO outside, he will run like a man possessed next year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Chicago, seattle,Carolina that is 3 games. Barber has not even done it once.