Bucky Irving
Braelon Allen
Audric Estime

Late 5th to 7th round:
Tyrone Tracy
Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Blake Watson

I left Jonathan Brooks off because of the ACL. If they take him they better be right.

I like Benson at 56, Wright at 87, and Ray Davis after pick 90.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
At pick 56:
Trey Benson

At pick 87
Jaylen Wright
Blake Corum

Between 90 and 105:
Ray Davis
MarShawn Lloyd
Bucky Irving
Braelon Allen
Audric Estime

Late 5th to 7th round:
Tyrone Tracy
Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Blake Watson

I left Jonathan Brooks off because of the ACL. If they take him they better be right.

You want the Cowboys to draft Wilson lb early and you leave the best running back prospect off your list because he had an ACL injury. :huh:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd be fine with Benson or even Wright at 56. Call it a reach, but either one would have a clear path to 200+ touches immediately. And after that, they'd probably have 200 touches per year available for the rest of their rookie deal, so we could get a lot of usage out of that pick.

Brooks has a bad wheel, and everyone else looks like a committee back to me. Tyrone Tracy would be a fun Pollard-ish stab on Day 3.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
At pick 56:
Trey Benson

At pick 87
Jaylen Wright
Blake Corum

Between 90 and 105:
Ray Davis
MarShawn Lloyd
Bucky Irving
Braelon Allen
Audric Estime

Late 5th to 7th round:
Tyrone Tracy
Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Blake Watson

Give me either Brooks, Benson or Wright. I want a top 3 back in this class.

rambo2

Reaction score
You want the Cowboys to draft Wilson lb early and you leave the best running back prospect off your list because he had an ACL injury. :huh:
Wilson hasn't been hurt in 2 years and yes I would love to have Wilson.
I'm leaning toward Murphy will the 1st or trading back and getting Zach Frazier. I'd like Wilson with the 2nd pick.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Just not a fan of this draft for running backs. I am sure there will be a few who will hit. Just not a fan that they don't want to pay over 3 million for a back, but would draft one in the second round. That is a premium pick. I just don't know if there is a second round back in this draft.

Maybe some in the third round, but I am not sure any of these guys are plug and play guys who are going to hit the ground running. Maybe they are with the position they play. I am still flabbergasted Dallas did not look for a veteran stop gap this free agency. 5-7 million. Short term guy to that allows them to be patient and not reach for a running back early.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
At pick 56:
Trey Benson

At pick 87
Jaylen Wright
Blake Corum

Between 90 and 105:
Ray Davis
MarShawn Lloyd
Bucky Irving
Braelon Allen
Audric Estime

Late 5th to 7th round:
Tyrone Tracy
Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Blake Watson

If we could get Wright in the 3rd, I'll take it. I like Benson better, but I'd reserve picks one an two for other needs.

Without that 4th rounder, we're rolling the dice on our options if we wait to see who's left in round 5.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just not a fan of this draft for running backs. I am sure there will be a few who will hit. Just not a fan that they don't want to pay over 3 million for a back, but would draft one in the second round. That is a premium pick. I just don't know if there is a second round back in this draft.

Maybe some in the third round, but I am not sure any of these guys are plug and play guys who are going to hit the ground running. Maybe they are with the position they play. I am still flabbergasted Dallas did not look for a veteran stop gap this free agency. 5-7 million. Short term guy to that allows them to be patient and not reach for a running back early.
Ray Davis is a guy that can be very good in the 3rd or 4th round.

rambo2

Reaction score
If we could get Wright in the 3rd, I'll take it. I like Benson better, but I'd reserve picks one an two for other needs.

Without that 4th rounder, we're rolling the dice on our options if we wait to see who's left in round 5.
Trade back and get Zach Frazier and presto you have another pick.

Hardline

Reaction score
Or he thinks Brooks goes before 56. I think he will go before 56.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Sione Vaki is an interesting prospect. Guy can run, block, catch, return, and play defense. He will likely get drafted earlier than he's being projected thus far.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There's some good RBs who I think can come in and contribute (especially since the lazy FO thinks Rico Dowdle is a thing).

I am fine getting the best one available at 87. Do not overdraft this position, especially out of need.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score

You make great point. If a RB isn’t worth 3 mil per he isn’t worth a premium draft pick. Take whatever is available at 5 or trade up if you have to but those first 3 picks need to play at premium positions.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I was listening to Chris Simms Unbuttoned show on Sirius XM. I just happened to stop because Chris Simms and Ahmed Fareed were giving their thoughts on the 2024 RB class. I wanted to hear what they were saying since that is a need for us in the upcoming draft. They both shocked me when they both agreed that Marshawn Lloyd was the best RB in the draft class. They cited that USC had to abandon the run game so often because their defense was so bad and giving up so many points. The defense forced USC into the passing game. He had a 7.1 YPC average and they said he would have easily gotten another 600 yards given the opportunity to run the ball. I don't know anything about Lloyd but thought that was interesting that both thought he was the best back in the draft. Especially since Simms is a Longhorn. I fully expected him to say Brooks.

rambo2

Reaction score
I was listening to Chris Simms Unbuttoned show on Sirius XM. I just happened to stop because Chris Simms and Ahmed Fareed were giving their thoughts on the 2024 RB class. I wanted to hear what they were saying since that is a need for us in the upcoming draft. They both shocked me when they both agreed that Marshawn Lloyd was the best RB in the draft class. They cited that USC had to abandon the run game so often because their defense was so bad and giving up so many points. The defense forced USC into the passing game. He had a 7.1 YPC average and they said he would have easily gotten another 600 yards given the opportunity to run the ball. I don't know anything about Lloyd but thought that was interesting that both thought he was the best back in the draft. Especially since Simms is a Longhorn. I fully expected him to say Brooks.
Lloyd is a good player, but I like Ray Davis over him.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Not saying they may not be right about Lloyd, but to play devils advocate, defenses against USC schemed around Williams and his abilities which probably made a few more running lanes for Lloyd and others. Besides, they’re right, the Trojans didn’t have much interest in playing defense so shootouts were the norm. USC was 125th in rushing attempts per game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Brooks, Benson or Braelon Allen ( read Brugler's write-up on this kid, lots to love about him)