Twitter: Running play vs Miami. not good

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Wow. How do you explain this? The success of the running play literally depends on your success in making a block and this is what you do? Come on 88!

Obviously his value to the team isn't point of attack blocking, but if the coaches put you in position to make a block, you at least have to try. Just tie the guy up for a second and Pollard at least can get to the edge.

BigD16

Reaction score
Compare that to how the niners block. Even their wide receivers are physical and block

32BellyOption

Reaction score
It’s clear as day we need a new OL coach/running game coordinator. Not to mention an upgrade at RB. Time to invest a day two pick in the position.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
What the crap kind of block was that? We need a coach that calls this crap out and make the player run laps or some type of punishment when they review the tape. It's a game if inches and toughness. That was crap attempt by lamb.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’ve seen 88 make some good blocks before. Did he get play mixed up?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Not a tough team, not a well coached team. Rotten from the top down.

This is our organization. Other than Parcells 4 years, things haven't really changed.

For all his Jim Thorpe-esque skills, Sanders was sleeping-dog lazy. In practices, he went all-out every third or fourth play and refused to wear shoulder pads because, he would say, "I'm not gonna tackle anyone anyway." In meeting rooms, he was known to doodle and doze off. Told early on that Cowboys who refused to participate in the team's weight training regimen would be fined, Sanders dramatically whipped out his checkbook and jotted down a five-digit figure.

When Mike Woicik, the team's gruff strength and conditioning coach, complained about Sanders' indifference, Switzer sided with his new star. "We're talking about Deion Sanders here," Switzer told Woicik. "If he doesn't want to do something, he doesn't have to."

"One time a running back ran a sweep toward him, and Deion dove half-hearted into the turf," says Case. "We're watching film the next day, razzing him pretty good. As serious as could be, he said, 'I saw that dude coming and I had to make a business decision.'"