Rush vs. Washington All-22 Film Study

khiladi

Reaction score
Rush is not going through progressions. He's looking off defenders then making the throw. Moore is doing a good job of calling either or plays for Rush. Either throw it to this guy or that guy. So Rush is only reading half the field on most of his throws and that's why he's getting the ball out so quick. Way to keep it simple but effective. Moore and Rush are both doing a great job at just managing the game. Let's just hope Moore is creative enough to keep it this simple for the rest of the season.

Your confusing 1 read Dak with Rush...

khiladi

Reaction score
Comp % Y/A TD INT IQR
Pre Amari 52% 6.2 3 3 71
With Amari 61% 8.8 8 1 119

Despite this massive jump in production against man defense, Prescott has not had nearly as much success against a zone defense and his IQR has dropped from 100 to 84 with Cooper on the roster. Though he has an 80 percent completion percentage versus zones, it’s almost entirely short-pass based. He has no touchdowns and two interceptions on 91 attempts,

If you want to understand the personification of dumping the ball off to the RB, just watch Dak against a zone. This man will jump from read 1 to read 4 (Zeke), skipping 2-3.

Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper face challenge with Colts’ zone - Sports Info Solutions

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, in 2020 when it was claimed by Dak-stans that he wasn't padding stats in garbage-time and he was 'bringing' them back, these were his situational stats for the fourth quarter, with a +/- of 7, meaning when they needed at least a TD.

22 36 167 61.1 4.6 0 1 24 2 60.8

This guy was averaging a whopping 4.6 yards per completion, threw zero TDs and 1 INT, with a QBR of 60.8. He was sacked on only two attempts, meaning non-existent pressure. When the opposing defense 'locked down' after playing soft, Dak became the typical 'dump-off, play-it-safe' QB.

Now take a look at Desaun Watson when he last played:

55 71 738 77.5 10.4 6 1 53 8 132.2

He was sacked at double the rate of Dak, his completiong percentage was 77.5% with a 10.4 YPC and he threw 6 TDs and only 1 INT, meaning under pressure.

khiladi

Reaction score
The point being I can guarantee you will find plenty of passing situations where Moore has Zeke aligned as a dump-off as the last read, but Dak is automatically defaulting to him when is first read isn't open or he's just feeling some non-existent pressure..

khiladi

Reaction score
Cooper could end up as good as say Matt Moore at his best; that kind of ceiling I think is possible. The Dak boys go on about his supposed Noodle Arm but it is not that bad. Peyton Mannings arm was nearly dead and he had the best year of his career before it completely died. And he NEVER had a cannon. Arm strength is one of the most over rated factors in evaluating a QB. Just look at all the losers with cannon arms people gushed about
Jumongous, Jeff George, etc.

It's not over-rated, it's just those with arm strength generally don't have the ability to anticipate well and process the field quickly. If they do, then it's when you have greatness, like the GOAT Justin Herbert.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The point being I can guarantee you will find plenty of passing situations where Moore has Zeke aligned as a dump-off as the last read, but Dak is automatically defaulting to him when is first read isn't open or he's just feeling some non-existent pressure..
Dak was made by zeke. 2016.
Since then, blocking, dump offs, 1st downs. Brutal running.

No zeke....no dak. Im sure of it.

Ken

Reaction score
Some do have an agenda, but I'll take dump offs to the running back instead of forcing throws. Keep the chains moving. There is a balance to it. I remember sometimes Romo would look for the big play and force it instead of just taking a quick dump off that would have been better. At the same time I remember Brandon Weedon becoming admiral checkdown and take a bunch of dump offs without even considering what's out there.
I just don't think the video needed to linger on it as long as it did. Sure, good play, not the height of qb'ing though lol

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
This is why we can't have nice things smh...
CalculatingImperturbableKestrel-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
When he was injured.

Your shtick is so lame dude.

For the record folks...this is the guy that a couple years ago told me "Zeke was only rushing champion because of number of carries."

I showed him Emmitt's number of carries and he put me on ignore..

Dude goes around acting like he has this superior knowledge when it comes to football with his fake bravado. He's a clown.