Russell Wilson to be released

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We can, Jerry covets his players and hates to let them walk.

However, I did see a completely different attitude toward Dak from Jerry when Dak was beyond horrible in the 1st half vs GB. I do believe there's a chance he doesn't get extended. Not sure at this point.
Realizing that he's been down this road too many times

Swagger

Reaction score
Bad timing for Prescott and his agent allegedly pushing for $60 milllion a season! :laugh: :lmao::lmao2:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what Russ's market is. He's a brilliant improvisor who is just running out of athletic juice to improvise, and he needs to become more of a station-to-station QB. He took steps towards that last season, but still wasn't great.

So it's kind of weird to sign a 35 year old QB for who he could be rather than who he is, but that's where Wilson is at.

If Denver Russ shows up, I'm not sure if he's one of the 32 best QBs in football. If he change his game to play within structure, and he accepts the limitations of age, he might be a Baker Mayfield level QB. There are teams that will take that.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why can’t we do the same or does Denver got some tricks we don’t???
Well, the Cowboys could cut any player they want at any time.

There no “trick” to it.

The team just has to be ready to not have the player available and be willing to pay them not to play.

Denver is going to pay Wilson 35m to play for another team this year and they’re liable for another 50m total.

Swagger

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what Russ's market is. He's a brilliant improvisor who is just running out of athletic juice to improvise, and he needs to become more of a station-to-station QB. He took steps towards that last season, but still wasn't great.

So it's kind of weird to sign a 35 year old QB for who he could be rather than who he is, but that's where Wilson is at.

If Denver Russ shows up, I'm not sure if he's one of the 32 best QBs in football. If he change his game to play within structure, and he accepts the limitations of age, he might be a Baker Mayfield level QB. There are teams that will take that.
Good post. He still made some great plays last season that helped win games but I agree the Baker Mayfield comparison is fair and a decent benchmark for him to play at during his last few years.

Flamma

Reaction score

As I understand it, he's getting paid 39M this season by Denver. If another team gives him a 1 year deal for 25M, Denver gets to deduct that from the 39M they owe him. So Wilson can't make more than 39M unless some team pays him more than that for the year. Does that mean Wilson plays at league minimum on some team for a year? I think we'll have to wait a year to see his market value.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wilson went to NYG for his 1st int then steelers.
If he can still play would be fun if he landed with giants.