Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Russians vs Russians

Everyone else should have stayed out of it.
Russians vs Russians?

What about if I'm from a place or people that doesn't agree with that standard?

I don't think it's Russians vs Russians, but i will trade Ukraine to Russia for the collapse and control of China, or Taiwan for the collapse and control of Russia, either is acceptable.

Or just keep fighting. Losing everything always happens, the only question is who's going to lose. If your looking for someone to quit you're in the wrong game, you'll only find the losing dead here.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There might be politicians in the west who wish to take this route, if it was up to me the war wouldn't end until Ukraine regains every square inch of it's previous border and Putin is either dead or in chains.

I get it, some people fall for Putin's mickey mouse threats. Putin's got bombs, I got bombs, Putin threatens with nuclear war, let me know when you're ready to start.

If Ukraine wishes to quit then they can start walking to Moscow to shine Putin's shoes.

The weak end up either enslaved or dead.
I get it. Ours are bigger than theirs. Playing chicken with a nutjob over there is one thing, but when bombs start exploding over here, it's a different story.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There might be politicians in the west who wish to take this route, if it was up to me the war wouldn't end until Ukraine regains every square inch of it's previous border and Putin is either dead or in chains.
Dang, you sound pretty aggressive and brave...especially when it's other people and their kids that will probably be doing the fighting for you. Or are you going to lace on some boots, grab your kevlar and take up the fight? Ukraine is itching for more brave Western volunteers like you to go sit in a trench. Not even making a joke...they will pay you like $3K a month to serve.

Me? I did my 23 years (7 deployments) and now I have to worry about War-lusting loons that want to get us entangled in a Global War that will not only burn through our current active duty/reserve roster, but will force a draft on kids like mine.
You want war? Go on...YOU GO DO IT!

"Those lusting for war/destruction are usually the ones farthest removed from it." - RJ_MacReady

I get it, some people fall for Putin's mickey mouse threats. Putin's got bombs, I got bombs, Putin threatens with nuclear war, let me know when you're ready to start.

Ahhh, the 'ole, "If you're not in lockstep with the MSM narrative, you're in bed with PUTIN!"
This went out of fashion sometime late 2022.

If Ukraine wishes to quit then they can start walking to Moscow to shine Putin's shoes.
More 2022 rhetoric.

The weak end up either enslaved or dead.
So do the stupid.

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Dang, you sound pretty aggressive and brave...especially when it's other people and their kids that will probably be doing the fighting for you. Or are you going to lace on some boots, grab your kevlar and take up the fight? Ukraine is itching for more brave Western volunteers like you to go sit in a trench. Not even making a joke...they will pay you like $3K a month to serve.

Me? I did my 23 years (7 deployments) and now I have to worry about War-lusting loons that want to get us entangled in a Global War that will not only burn through our current active duty/reserve roster, but will force a draft on kids like mine.
You want war? Go on...YOU GO DO IT!

"Those lusting for war/destruction are usually the ones farthest removed from it." - RJ_MacReady

Ahhh, the 'ole, "If you're not in lockstep with the MSM narrative, you're in bed with PUTIN!"
This went out of fashion sometime late 2022.

More 2022 rhetoric.

So do the stupid.
That's all very interesting.

Thank you.

sbark

Reaction score
Russians vs Russians

Everyone else should have stayed out of it.
Needed to stay out of it 13 yrs ago with the regime change. Nutcase zelinsky , Azov etc then shelled ethnic Russians in eastern Ukraine for 15 yrs killing est 15k plus....now wonders why Russia moved

Now I.C. Doing same thing in Russian state of Georgia all over again...regime change attempt.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Doesn’t feel like we’ve had a foreign containment war end an unquestionable success since WWII. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Israel/Palestine and Russia/Ukraine. At some point, you have to ask if the lives lost, and/or resources allocated there instead of at home, are truly worth the ROI. Seems like all we ever end up doing is making things worse. But I do understand the need to prevent these regimes from being aggressive and the trickle down effect from other ambitious nations if they perceive us as someone who will not get involved anymore. Almost feels like a no win situation. We’ve had thousands of years to prove we can’t do it. Need to let women rule the world. Men just make it worse.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of major concern most recently is the apparent call by some members in congress for US/NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine. "Support" for Ukraine has long since passed the reasonable and now is headed to the outlandish.

And, for what? A country that is not and never was a democracy; a country with the well-earned reputation as one of the most corrupt in the world; a country that has openly attacked its own citizens in Donbas as well as the Eastern Orthodox church.

Ukraine is just a convenient stooge for the military-political complex to wage a proxy war against Russia (or, more to the point, Putin)

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The EU will soon stretch from Portugal to the Pacific.

Firstly, the EU is focused on keeping countries from exit'ing right now, not gaining new members (especially broke members).

Secondly, even if EU could expand Eastward, it's probably a decade too late. BRICS is the new game in town and if we keep messing around, then more and more countries will eventually take the Pepsi challenge and invest in a new global currency...one that doesn't have a history of being seized or sanctioned like what's been going on recently. Which is the #1 real nightmare scenario for us. If enough of the World walked away from the petro-dollar...JENGA! Our currency/standard of living gets smacked down 4-5 rungs overnight.

"Yes, I'd like one loaf of soybean bread and a package of cricket patties"
"That will be 3,500 ameros, por favor."

We(USA) should be expanding/investing into Central and South America ASAP. That's where China is at now. But this is a topic for another discussion.

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Putin is getting nervous because he knows he's only got about 3 to 6 months until he must accept a ceasefire deal.

The American hardware will start arriving in bulk and Putin will lose whatever gains he's recently made in Ukraine.

Problem is Putin knows he can't accept a deal because that will stall his desire to take all of Ukraine, but Putin also doesn't have the ability to take all of Ukraine. What to do now? Maybe Putin will go ask more people from India to suit up and join his none winnable war?

Russia will fail, and Putin will look a fool because that's all a one trick pony can do.

Hey Putin why don't you make another tactical nuclear threat now.

Putin the One Trick Pony.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Putin is getting nervous because he knows he's only got about 3 to 6 months until he must accept a ceasefire deal.

The American hardware will start arriving in bulk and Putin will lose whatever gains he's recently made in Ukraine.

Problem is Putin knows he can't accept a deal because that will stall his desire to take all of Ukraine, but Putin also doesn't have the ability to take all of Ukraine. What to do now? Maybe Putin will go ask more people from India to suit up and join his none winnable war?

Russia will fail, and Putin will look a fool because that's all a one trick pony can do.

Hey Putin why don't you make another tactical nuclear threat now.

Putin the One Trick Pony.
That's a lot of speculation about what Putin may or may not do. And, you could be right.

Putin was just re-elected to his fifth term as President. While I don't believe for a moment that he is as well-liked within Russia as the exit polls would suggest, as long as he can portray the current conflict as Russia vs the west (and, in particular, the USA), he will have support of the Russian people.

It's just my opinion but, the minute the US openly pushes Ukraine to negotiate an end to the war, the pressure will be on Putin to end this. Unless a deal is struck, he will rapidly lose public support for the war... which may not affect him much in the scheme of things, but it is more pressure than he's under now.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That's a lot of speculation about what Putin may or may not do. And, you could be right.

Putin was just re-elected to his fifth term as President. While I don't believe for a moment that he is as well-liked within Russia as the exit polls would suggest, as long as he can portray the current conflict as Russia vs the west (and, in particular, the USA), he will have support of the Russian people.

It's just my opinion but, the minute the US openly pushes Ukraine to negotiate an end to the war, the pressure will be on Putin to end this. Unless a deal is struck, he will rapidly lose public support for the war... which may not affect him much in the scheme of things, but it is more pressure than he's under now.
It was a typo. The poll asked Russians who is the ‘most-feared.’