Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nah, there wasn't a war in the Donbas and we weren't training their soldiers in Poland for years...

Looool. Oh, no, the US military were training foreign militaries. That’s never happened before.

So, just as I presumed, you extrapolated from a picture a justification for invasion/war.

nobody

Reaction score
Definitely time to be praying.

Hello World War 3.

Poland is considering calling for Article 5, which they have a right to do if it's determined the missile was indeed Russian. Unless the session they call talks them down. We can hope a malfunctioning/misaimed missile that killed two doesn't lead to NATO going to war.

Edit: They're discussing article 4, which is different. If it's determined that it /is/ Russia's, then they can call for Article 5 if they want.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Ukraine Weapons Tracker on Twitter

So what crashed in the village of Przewodów, Poland today?

With the cooperation of @blueboy1969
we analyzed the available photos of fragments and came to a clear conclusion that they belong to the 48D6 motor of the 5V55-series missile of the S-300 AD system- a Ukrainian one.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

nobody

Reaction score
At the risk of being a contrarian, this is just wrong. Ukraine hasn't, historically, been admitted to NATO for a variety of reasons - not the least of which is widespread corruption.

Admitting them now is simply thumbing NATO's collective noses at Putin.

They shouldn't be admitted just for the sake of being admitted. They should go through the same vetting and voting process as everyone else and meet all of the same requirements.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They shouldn't be admitted just for the sake of being admitted. They should go through the same vetting and voting process as everyone else and meet all of the same requirements.

I agree but lets take a moment to realize what's at stake here. People are dying every day due to Russia's invasion. It's not like this is a situation where the standard timeline is going to help. They should be given terms, and if they don't abide by them they should be kicked out just like any other country should be kicked out if they fail to honor their commitments. I have no problem with Ukraine getting an expedited admission. It doesn't impact me at all, but there are people in Ukraine who will undoubtedly suffer the longer it takes.

nobody

Reaction score
I agree but lets take a moment to realize what's at stake here. People are dying every day due to Russia's invasion. It's not like this is a situation where the standard timeline is going to help. They should be given terms, and if they don't abide by them they should be kicked out just like any other country should be kicked out if they fail to honor their commitments. I have no problem with Ukraine getting an expedited admission. It doesn't impact me at all, but there are people in Ukraine who will undoubtedly suffer the longer it takes.

The problem with expediting their admission while the current conflict is taking place is that they could then trigger article 5 and pull all of NATO into armed conflict rather than the support we're given. That starts world war III. I'm all for helping Ukraine and stopping the deaths, but not at the expense of billions of lives lost and a nuclear winter.

Once the conflict is over, if every NATO country agrees to an expedited membership and then they commit to and follow the requirements? Cool. Welcome. Right now? No.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The infamous Russian Winters. Many a conflict in military history decided by this.