Ryan Fowler's Mock

Gambit

Reaction score
We always have that #1 prospect that fits the team perfectly, but never falls to them, this yr it's JPJ.
Well good news is reports Tyron wants to stay in Dallas so a T round one isn't the biggest need, we can grab a development player later.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Well good news is reports Tyron wants to stay in Dallas so a T round one isn't the biggest need, we can grab a development player later.
Yes and no, he was healthier last season more then he was in previous years, but his body can totally breakdown at any time. Fully understand this front office will not use a 1st rd selection to sit, but if there is an opportunity to find his replacement you make it happen as it's such an important position. Now we still have Tyler Smith whose natural position is at Left Tackle, which gives up options.

My focus would be fix the interior as we need to run the football much, much better. With an inside/zone scheme, find an inside power runner and upgrade the Center position. A guy like Zach Moss would be an ideal fit and he won't break the bank to sign.

Gambit

Reaction score
Yes and no, he was healthier last season more then he was in previous years, but his body can totally breakdown at any time. Fully understand this front office will not use a 1st rd selection to sit, but if there is an opportunity to find his replacement you make it happen as it's such an important position. Now we still have Tyler Smith whose natural position is at Left Tackle, which gives up options.

My focus would be fix the interior as we need to run the football much, much better. With an inside/zone scheme, find an inside power runner and upgrade the Center position. A guy like Zach Moss would be an ideal fit and he won't break the bank to sign.
I'm down for him if he brings Grover Stewart with him lol.

That would free us up to draft say Jaylen Wright in 6th

John813

Reaction score
OT:
Atlanta taking JJ McCarthy = meh.

I don't see him being a top 10 selection. Or really a true first round QB.

Miami taking Penix is an interesting one too.

TheDank

Reaction score
There’s multiple good C prospects this year and it’s not as highly valued a position as maybe it should be. I could see JPJ falling to 24, I’m not devastated on missing out on him for the same reason though. I really like Van Pran in R2 if JPJ is gone or we go another route in R1.

All that said I’m 100% down with JPJ at 24.

Carson

Reaction score
JPJ is the consensus pick on the board. So that means no chance we get him lol

Malhavoc

Reaction score
JPJ is the consensus pick on the board. So that means no chance we get him lol
It‘s really a no brainer if he’s available. I think he’s got All Pro potential. Difficult to pass on a player like that especially at a position of need.

HanD

Reaction score
If we don't go ot and want to go iol, I'd be happy with Barton if jpj doesn't fall to us. Barton has flex to all 3 interior positions and in a pinch or also and is pretty nasty himself.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
If we don't go ot and want to go iol, I'd be happy with Barton if jpj doesn't fall to us. Barton has flex to all 3 interior positions and in a pinch or also and is pretty nasty himself.
Barton could easily be a player in the 24-35 range. Very good prospect for sure.

TheDank

Reaction score
Thank you! I keep hearing all these pundits love him. Just not a fan of a RT
Out of the RTs/traits guys in this draft I do think Guyton would be the best suited to go over to the left side with his length and athleticism, but he is a project no matter what side you put him on. Very raw. 2nd round player IMO.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Out of the RTs/traits guys in this draft I do think Guyton would be the best suited to go over to the left side with his length and athleticism, but he is a project no matter what side you put him on. Very raw. 2nd round player IMO.
I think Guyton and Mims could both ultimately end up on the left side. But neither are there at this point.