S. Alexander and E. James likely free agents

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Seattle can't franchise Alexander it was in his one year contract to get him into camp.

I remember hearing that...But was it written into his contract or was it one of those...We promise deals?

Because if it just a promise deal...They could still franchise him.

And if Seattle did write it in then they could have made a huge mistake.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to matter to me how great Alexander looks on paper, even that he's an MVP, I still just can't find a way to like him. For some reason, he just seems VASTLY overrated. He doesn't seem like the type of back to carry a team to glory. His numbers say otherwise, but I dunno, I just have that kind of vibe about him.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Edgerrin James: Resigned to Leaving Indy

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Friday, February 3, 2006
Update: James says he does not think the Colts will make an effort to re-sign him this offseason. "I don't see nothing happening," he told the Indianapolis Star. "You can read between the lines and from the things I'm hearing, nothing's going to happen."

Recommendation: James is an unrestricted free agent this offseason. The Colts face a difficult task of signing James and Reggie Wayne amidst a tight salary cap this offseason. The general idea in the media this offseason is that Wayne will be re-signed while the Colts will let James go, but they could place the franchise tag on him for a second consecutive season.

Nice english college grad.:rolleyes:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I can see edge in philly but can't see seattle letting alexander go.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Colts | Wayne likely to be franchised
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:36:44 -0800

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Indianapolis Colts are expected to use their franchise tag on WR Reggie Wayne, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, if they are unable to work out a long-term deal with him before free agency begins.

I guess Edge will be elsewhere next year if this happens.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
It is my understanding that when Alexander signed his contract last year it was with the understanding that Seattle would not use the franchise tag on him this year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rockytop6 said:
It is my understanding that when Alexander signed his contract last year it was with the understanding that Seattle would not use the franchise tag on him this year.
Well, at least that is what they said they would do.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I think seattle made a huge mistake as well. They had all the leverage in the world and they gave it up. Franchised players don't sit out regular season games. RB is way overrated we don't need to do a thing to that position this offseason. Who were the Patriots running backs before Dillon. JR Redmond? Kevin Faulk? please. Address the Oline and Finish off the D, I can't see that we would have any other priorities.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm betting both Alexander and James will be playing in new venues next year.