S Dwight Smith robbed at gunpoint

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saints | Smith Robbed
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:02:41 -0700

ClickOnDetroit.com reports New Orleans Saints S Dwight Smith was robbed at gunpoint Sunday night, June 26, while visiting family in Detroit, Local 4 reported. He had just returned from a market to a home in the 15000 block of Quincy Street on the city's west side when the incident occurred. Police said a car pulled up in front of the home at about 11 p.m. A man exited the vehicle with an assault rifle and ordered Smith to remove his jewelry, according to police. A woman in the car was ordered to pickup the jewelry. The two fled the scene with about $100,000 in jewelry and $4,000 in cash, police said. Smith is now back in Florida while the investigation into the case continues.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I'm going to call it now Insurance Fraud. and if it is true then I hate it for him but now he knows how the other people he has pulled guns (1 real gun 1 BB gun) feal. What go's around comes around.

k19

Reaction score
What idiot goes out with 100k in jewlery on and carries 4k in cash?

The funniest thing about this is the NFL's poster child for gun control gets held up at gunpoint

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
k19 said:
What idiot goes out with 100k in jewlery on and carries 4k in cash?

The funniest thing about this is the NFL's poster child for gun control gets held up at gunpoint
Athletes. They're high profile marks. Stephon Marbury got held up one time and had more than that stolen from him, I think. The list of athletes getting robbed is prolly as long as the list of athletes who get in legal trouble.

k19

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Athletes. They're high profile marks. Stephon Marbury got held up one time and had more than that stolen from him, I think. The list of athletes getting robbed is prolly as long as the list of athletes who get in legal trouble.

Well if it happens more times then not and they still havent figured it out it serves them right. Duh big red truck :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
pellet gun gets held up at gunpoint! Man thats too funny. Karma

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Assault rifle........nice touch.