SA Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
He can't be any worse than Jackson had been this year, maybe he will have 1 vintage game during the playoffs

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Looks like spurs will play the lakers in the first round. The lakers could win the series the way the spurs have been lately even without kobe. Should be a good series!

MC KAos

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;5049941 said:
Looks like spurs will play the lakers in the first round. The lakers could win the series the way the spurs have been lately even without kobe. Should be a good series!

I seriously doubt the lakers could beat the spurs, they are the seventh seed for a reason. If tony Parker is himself this series won't last more than 5 games. But, keep in mind, I'm a homer

joseephuss

Reaction score
Some guys just never change.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/04/stephen-jackson-confirms-rift-with-gregg-popovich/

The San Antonio Spurs raised eyebrows when they cut Stephen Jackson loose last week. Cap’n Jack breaks down what happened — from his point of view, Jackson and Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich could no longer co-exist. Per S2S Magazine: “We had a disagreement,’ Jackson said. ‘He wanted me to agree to players being better than me, and I didn’t agree. I’ve been in the NBA a long time, so it’s just something I didn’t agree with and something I have no control over.

MC KAos

Reaction score
joseephuss;5051569 said:
Some guys just never change.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/04/stephen-jackson-confirms-rift-with-gregg-popovich/

The San Antonio Spurs raised eyebrows when they cut Stephen Jackson loose last week. Cap’n Jack breaks down what happened — from his point of view, Jackson and Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich could no longer co-exist. Per S2S Magazine: “We had a disagreement,’ Jackson said. ‘He wanted me to agree to players being better than me, and I didn’t agree. I’ve been in the NBA a long time, so it’s just something I didn’t agree with and something I have no control over.

I don't understand exactly who he though he was better than, the only other players that he is competing with would be dany green and Kawhi Leonard, both of whom are much better than him at this point of his career. What we needed most from jack was offense and he wasn't providing it. I think we will be better off with McGrady because if he is terrible, he won't play, I think pop would have been forced to play Jackson had he stayed

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Ok Spurs fans I know we are waiting for the opponent for the finals but the NBA draft evaluation are still happening in the back ground.

A little tidbits it looks like the Spurs are looking for a shooter with size. Manu is a FA i think he will come back on the cheap or will be gone but his injury history suggest he should be a 20 minute guy during the year. I also think they will be a Gary Neal replacement as well.

Why i think the spurs are looking for a shooter while

Spurs To Workout Syracuse Sharp Shooter James Southerland

http://airalamo.com/2013/05/29/2013...out-syracuse-sharp-shooter-james-southerland/

earlier this month that Spurs interviewed Hardaway, Jr. at the Chicago Draft Combine and brought him in the following week for a workout

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/may/tim-hardaway-jr-works-out-with-the-spurs.html

MC KAos

Reaction score
I want the Russian guy, can't remember his name, but he will be a poor man's Manu IMO

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Y'all got this! It's like Spurs vs. Cavs 2.0

Big Timmy is lean and mean ready to give out an whoopin.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5093999 said:
Y'all got this! It's like Spurs vs. Cavs 2.0

Big Timmy is lean and mean ready to give out an whoopin.

i dont think it will be quite that easy. before the playoffs started, i thought our realistic goal was winning the west. but now that we seem to be playing the way we were before tony went down with an injury, i think we have a chance to pull it off. hopefully we can stay healthy, we will give the heat all they can handle.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
MC KAos;5094011 said:
i dont think it will be quite that easy. before the playoffs started, i thought our realistic goal was winning the west. but now that we seem to be playing the way we were before tony went down with an injury, i think we have a chance to pull it off. hopefully we can stay healthy, we will give the heat all they can handle.

Definitely wont be easy, but it's doable!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Kangaroo;5093775 said:
Ok Spurs fans I know we are waiting for the opponent for the finals but the NBA draft evaluation are still happening in the back ground.

A little tidbits it looks like the Spurs are looking for a shooter with size. Manu is a FA i think he will come back on the cheap or will be gone but his injury history suggest he should be a 20 minute guy during the year. I also think they will be a Gary Neal replacement as well.

Why i think the spurs are looking for a shooter while

Spurs To Workout Syracuse Sharp Shooter James Southerland

http://airalamo.com/2013/05/29/2013...out-syracuse-sharp-shooter-james-southerland/

earlier this month that Spurs interviewed Hardaway, Jr. at the Chicago Draft Combine and brought him in the following week for a workout

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/may/tim-hardaway-jr-works-out-with-the-spurs.html

We have 2 picks.....my 3 pet cats, C Dieng (gone before we pick in the 1st)...hope he goes to Atlanta and Coach Bud. C/F Mike Muscala, late 1st to early 2nd most likely, and I doubt we pick him. SF James Ennis....early to late 2nd. Since Dieng will be gone before we pick, of the remaining two, I want Ennis the most. I like the way he plays defense....he has 3 pt range, is a good FT shooter, and can play above the rim. Leonard and Ennis would make a great young SF rotation for years to come.

MC KAos

Reaction score
another season is here, were now 2-1, after losing to poor Portland on Saturday

I'm excited to see how good kawhi can become this season. Other than that tho, it will be another ho hum, 54-60 win regular season, barring injury. Just hoping for good health, developing chemistry and the continued growth of the youngsters!

GO SPURS GO!

bounce

Reaction score
12-1 - and ten straight. Another deep run for the Spurs if they can stay healthy.