SA Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
@Monroe_SA: I am not making this up: @tonyparker went to line and there were scattered M-V-P chants ... at Staples Center? SAS fans everywhere

MC KAos

Reaction score
6-1 on the road trip with the toughest game over with! Tonight's game vs the warriors should be tough also, but regardless this has been a good trip so far!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;5006007 said:
6-1 on the road trip with the toughest game over with! Tonight's game vs the warriors should be tough also, but regardless this has been a good trip so far!

If I am not mistaken, if they win these last 2 games, they will be 66-25 during the existence of the Rodeo Road Trip.....that is a better than 0.72 winning %, outstanding.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;5006741 said:
If I am not mistaken, if they win these last 2 games, they will be 66-25 during the existence of the Rodeo Road Trip.....that is a better than 0.72 winning %, outstanding.

Ya I remember seeing something like that on sportscenter on friday. I think it was something like the equivalence of a 60 win season! Pretty crazy!

MC KAos

Reaction score
7-2 on the road trip, ill take it! the spurs have a better road winning percentage than all but 3 nba teams have winning percentage PERIOD! with 17 of 24 games left at home, i think we have a great shot at the number 1 seed. we will need it to beat the thunder IMO

MC KAos

Reaction score
so, last night was by far the worst loss of the year for our spurs. i hope it was just a weird hiccup, cuz we cant afford another slump like the one in early january if we want to stay atop the standings

MC KAos

Reaction score
Parker out 4 weeks with grade 2 ankle sprain :(

At least now I have TWO things to look forward to in 4 weeks, TP returning, and GAME OF THRONES! SEASON 3!!!

bounce

Reaction score
MC KAos;5013290 said:
Parker out 4 weeks with grade 2 ankle sprain :(

At least now I have TWO things to look forward to in 4 weeks, TP returning, and GAME OF THRONES! SEASON 3!!!

Not that an injury is good, but it good work in SA's favor. He'll be back with a couple weeks left in the season, so he has time to get his timing back and get into game shape - and just had a month of rest, so fatigue won't be an issue in the playoffs for him.

Plus, it gives the other young guys (Nando and Cory Joseph, specifically) some game time - and let's Manu start carrying more of the load to get into a rhythm.

Looking for a silver lining, because losing arguably a top 3 MVP candidate is never GOOD. But, if any team can weather it, it's the Spurs.

MC KAos

Reaction score
bounce;5016445 said:
Not that an injury is good, but it good work in SA's favor. He'll be back with a couple weeks left in the season, so he has time to get his timing back and get into game shape - and just had a month of rest, so fatigue won't be an issue in the playoffs for him.

Plus, it gives the other young guys (Nando and Cory Joseph, specifically) some game time - and let's Manu start carrying more of the load to get into a rhythm.

Looking for a silver lining, because losing arguably a top 3 MVP candidate is never GOOD. But, if any team can weather it, it's the Spurs.

i think patty mills might have the highest ceiling for this year out of those guys seeing time in place of tony. he can shoot really well!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
After watching six quarters of Leonard vs Deng this year, starting to think Kawhi could be an All-Star in the East.

telling you guys, Kawhi is coming! he will be the third best SF in 3 years time! book it!

MC KAos

Reaction score
from this article: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/03/06/los-spurs-wear-down-bulls-by-going-manu-y-mano/

When Parker went down last Friday, the initial prognosis called for him to miss up to four weeks. The All-NBA candidate has told associates he plans to beat that timetable.

In the meantime, Popovich said the approach to playing without a star like Parker requires some pretending.

“You act like that person doesn’t exist for now,” Popovich said.

the first paragraph is interesting because parker is a fast healer, i cant remember exactly when it was, but there was an injury parker got once that was a quad injury that the doctors said would have him out 2-3 weeks and he missed 1 week! the last part was just an interesting coaching strategy from pop i guess

bounce

Reaction score
MC KAos;5016936 said:
i think patty mills might have the highest ceiling for this year out of those guys seeing time in place of tony. he can shoot really well!

I agree he's probably the best player, but he doesn't facilitate the offense as well as either other guy. I see Patty Mills more as a poor man's Eddie House. Instant offense in short spurts. I love their chances this year much better than last, which is saying something the way they ran the table up til game 3 in OKC

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I hope Parker returns much faster. I need him for my fantasy playoffs.

juck

Reaction score
Spurs may get to lose to the Heat in the Finals this year. Unless they flame out against Durantula again.

bounce

Reaction score
juck;5017545 said:
Spurs may get to lose to the Heat in the Finals this year. Unless they flame out against Durantula again.

Definitely a flame out, but Durant wasn't the problem in the WCF. He's going to get his, and the Spurs are content to let the other team's stars do that, while limiting the other players. The problem was when Serge Ibaka went 15 for 15 in one game, James Harden morphed into a modern day Larry Bird, and the refs started giving every whistle imaginable to the Thunder in game 6. It was the perfect storm.

OKC is great, and Martin is a good player, but they're really going to miss Harden in the playoffs. Harden went into full on ** mode, and they don't have that anymore.

I'm not calling the Spurs over OKC, I'm just saying everything fell right for OKC last year, and they're not the same this year.

juck

Reaction score
bounce;5017839 said:
Definitely a flame out, but Durant wasn't the problem in the WCF. He's going to get his, and the Spurs are content to let the other team's stars do that, while limiting the other players. The problem was when Serge Ibaka went 15 for 15 in one game, James Harden morphed into a modern day Larry Bird, and the refs started giving every whistle imaginable to the Thunder in game 6. It was the perfect storm.

OKC is great, and Martin is a good player, but they're really going to miss Harden in the playoffs. Harden went into full on ** mode, and they don't have that anymore.

I'm not calling the Spurs over OKC, I'm just saying everything fell right for OKC last year, and they're not the same this year.
I agree on OKC. But u never count out Durant. I see Spurs and Heat and Heat in 6

bounce

Reaction score
juck;5017972 said:
I agree on OKC. But u never count out Durant. I see Spurs and Heat and Heat in 6

I don't disagree on the Heat being about unbeatable. Lebron is playing at a near unbeatable level.

An another note, how much fun will it be to watch Kawhi on KD in the coming years?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
what an absolute debacle that 2nd half was on Friday night.....It was pathetic. Portland couldn't miss (and a lot of their shots were defended well)...and the Spurs couldnt buy a basket, even when wide open.

Tonight was a great rebound game. They really took it to the Thunder from midway through the 2nd quarter. It was even sweeter being able to do it without Parker.

I will say, anytime I watch the Thunder, it is frustrating. I am so sick of the love they get from the refs. Of course that team shoots a lot of FTs, the refs call you for everything when you play them....while turning a blind eye when the Thunder commit the same type of fouls. Ibaka and Collison are allowed to consistently go over the back with no call. Westbrook and Durant are allowed to pushoff to get space, but you cannot even graze either of them without a whistle. Ibaka also gets away with a lot of goaltendings.

BTW, I am not just talking about when they play the Spurs, I am talking across the board. It makes me want to puke to watch how the league coddles them. I hate Kobe Bryant and the Lakers, but at least Kobe earns his FT trips. Paul Pierce earns his FT trips. Westbrook and Durant more than half of their FT trips giftwrapped by the league.

I cannot wait for 2014, when we get to say good riddance to David Stern.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nice win after an ugly home stand, I hear tony might come back sooner than originally prognosticated, I hope so, hopefully we can stay ahead of OKC while he is out. Btw, Kawhi Leonard is about this life!