Video: Saddest day in cowboys history. Irvin's last play 1999

Red Dragon

Reaction score
It was a sad day, but I can think of many worse days in Cowboys history.

Irvin had had a great career. And that injury didn't prevent him from living a normal life today. It's not like he was paralyzed at the beginning or in the middle of a great career. It was an injury that came at the end of a great career and doesn't affect him much today.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Never seen that play before. Hit didn't even look that bad, sad that a play like that is what caused a great career to end. Sad thing is I've seen a lot more vicious hits then that in the NFL and the player walks away uninjured.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For me, the saddest day was when Jimmy Johnson left/was fired. I knew it was the end of an era.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Still remember it like it was yesterday, and it's why to this day I hate the Iggles and their fans with a passion!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Off the field the death of Landry. On the field I have to think about.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Not only sad but another disgusting display from the worst fan base in the world. Somebody even threw a cup of beer at him as he was going through the tunnel.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Side note. When reading this thread I started exploring Irvin's stats and then ended up expanding my search to look at the stats of all the WRs drafted with Irvin in 1988. By my quick count the WRs in that class ended up with at least (I didn't count anybody I never heard of or remember):

6026 receptions
87,777 yards
535 TDs

Here are the top 14 WRs from the 1988 draft class in terms of stats:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a sad day, but I can think of many worse days in Cowboys history.

Irvin had had a great career. And that injury didn't prevent him from living a normal life today. It's not like he was paralyzed at the beginning or in the middle of a great career. It was an injury that came at the end of a great career and doesn't affect him much today.

Agreed.

Sad but not the saddest... by far.

I would say it was the loss to the expansion Texans... No... that was the most pathetic.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Side note. When reading this thread I started exploring Irvin's stats and then ended up expanding my search to look at the stats of all the WRs drafted with Irvin in 1988. By my quick count the WRs in that class ended up with at least (I didn't count anybody I never heard of or remember):

6026 receptions
87,777 yards
535 TDs

Here are the top 14 WRs from the 1988 draft class in terms of stats:

Ji2EJiS.png

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Saddest football play was "The Catch" game. Still makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. Sad days off the field were Tex and Coach Landry passing and Roger retiring.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ice Bowl and V then 13. The Catch game. 94 CC game SF. There were some other notables like the two losses to the Browns in the late 60s and the loss to the Rams and an inferior team.

Gameover

Reaction score
Saddest day is when the cowboys lost that playoff game to the cardinals.

That was pretty much the end of Aikman's career

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ice Bowl and V then 13. The Catch game. 94 CC game SF. There were some other notables like the two losses to the Browns in the late 60s and the loss to the Rams and an inferior team.

Forgot about the ice bowl. You are right.