Video: Saddest day in cowboys history. Irvin's last play 1999

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Forgot about the ice bowl. You are right.

Wouldn't say I'm right but all those hurt badly. The two GB games, the Cleveland games and then V. Then two Steeler losses and some of the others I spoke of. All those losses in the CC games against SF, Wash and Philly really hurt. We played in 10 or 13 years CC games, SBs or NFL title games which is an amazing feat for a football team or any team really.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I've never forgiven that classless fanbase for their behavior that day and I never will. I hope they never win a Super Bowl.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sorry Jobber, but that day hit me real hard. Sort of like the day the music died.

Everyone is going to have their subjective opinions about that and if that's the one for you then it is what it is. I don't really have a saddest day. All the ones I listed are sad. The day Landry died was not just sad for all of the Cowboys' family but a slap in the face for us older fans with a huge dose of mortality. My saddest day on earth was the loss of my young brother.

bgolf90

Reaction score
I am reminded of that every year because my first son shares the same date only 7 years later. Losing to the Panthers and Cards in the playoffs the years before that was tough, but seeing the end of the triplets on that field just broke my heart.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The Eagles fans weren't cheering as loudly as I imagined. I pictured an entire stadium cheering deafeningly loudly over the injury. It doesn't seem that way - either that, or the TV may have muted the sound somewhat.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one knew at the time that would be Irvin's last game so that day doesn't even compare to the sadness that was felt by Cowboy fans everywhere when the team lost the Ice Bowl, SB V, SB X, SB XIII and the 1981 NFC title game.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Sadness isn't the emotion I feel when I see this, instead, I get mad when I hear those dirt bag Eagles fans cheer for an injured player.