Saddest movie death

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The death of Old Dan and Little Ann the coonhounds in Where the Red Fern Grows were the only movie deaths that ever brought a tear to my eye. I love dogs and that movie really ripped at my heart. Old Dan died the day after a courageous battle with a mountain lion with the help of Little Ann. Little Ann was so heartbroken over Old Dans death she lost her will to live and died a few days later. :cry2:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
KJJ;3993953 said:
The death of Old Dan and Little Ann the coonhounds in Where the Red Fern Grows were the only movie deaths that ever brought a tear to my eye. I love dogs and that movie really ripped at my heart. Old Dan died the day after a courageous battle with a mountain lion with the help of Little Ann. Little Ann was so heartbroken over Old Dans death she lost her will to live and died a few days later. :cry2:

Wow, I had forgotten about that movie, and the book. Thanks for stirring up those memories! haha

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
These aren't my favorite, just some more I could think of. So many good movies mentioned.

Not sure if it was mentioned but..

Arnold - T2
Hans - Mighty Ducks 3
Kathy Bates - American Outlaws
Everyone - We are Marshall
Gus and Deets - Lonesome Dove
Bruce Wayne's parents - Batman Begins
Meg - Disney's Hercules
Kerchak (Tarzan's gorilla dad) - Disney's Tarzan

I've only cried once while watching a movie and that was ***** in the Passion, it was so lifelike. Other movies have made me tear up but never cry.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
KJJ;3993953 said:

Yeah...that got to me more than Ol' Yeller.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
bbgun;3993487 said:
Almost forgot Ellie in "Up."

http://img687.*************/img687/8610/41793316519100b3fe94.jpg

That was one of the most powerful segments in the history of movies, even for an animation. I had to fight back tears.

I'm mention some not previously cited.

Freddy "Boom, Boom" Washington's character in "Cooley High"

The kid on "Pay It Forward"

John Travolt's charater in "Phenomenon"

Clint Eastwood's character in "Grand Torino"

Meg Ryan's character in "City of Angels"

Heath Ledger's character in "The Patriot"

Jennie in "Forrest Gump"

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;3994245 said:
That was one of the most powerful segments in the history of movies, even for an animation. I had to fight back tears.

I'm mention some not previously cited.

Freddy "Boom, Boom" Washington's character in "Cooley High"

The kid on "Pay It Forward"

John Travolt's charater in "Phenomenon"

Clint Eastwood's character in "Grand Torino"

Meg Ryan's character in "City of Angels"

Heath Ledger's character in "The Patriot"

Jennie in "Forrest Gump"

Charlotte in "Charlotte's Web." I don't feel sorry for real-life spiders, however.