Safeties being swooped up

coult44

Reaction score
Lots of teams getting new safeties. 9ers, Browns, Bucs, Bears.

Every year this is the one position I wish we would clear up. Until we do, we will NEVER win a thing...

Section446

Reaction score

Every year this is the one position I wish we would clear up. Until we do, we will NEVER win a thing...

How do you propose that we pay the top Safeties?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
When Woodson left he took 10 years of future talent with him. Damn hard to match what he brought to the table. Still searching for a replacement. :(

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
If Clinton-Dix or Pryor is there - do we take one of them?

People say we don't prioritize safety but I know they inquired about trading up for Earl Thomas, liked Barron, and Kenny Vaccaro would've been the pick last year had New Orleans not taken him.

So it's not like they don't know what a quality safety looks like.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
When Woodson left he took 10 years of future talent with him. Damn hard to match what he brought to the table. Still searching for a replacement. :(

Im still watching Jerry try to find replacements for just about every guy that played for the team in the 90s. Sad thing is we just cut the one guy who filled 94 in better than the last.

NJ22

Reaction score

Agreed. We love the Heath/Wilcox/Lynn Scott Keith Davis guys. Jerry forgets how valuable Woodson was. Tried with Hamlin and Sensebough. Got one good year from each of them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Agreed. We love the Heath/Wilcox/Lynn Scott Keith Davis guys. Jerry forgets how valuable Woodson was. Tried with Hamlin and Sensebough. Got one good year from each of them.

Putting Wilcox with those other UDFA guys is not a fair comparison.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You could have two Earl Thomas's out there and it wouldn't matter in THIS defense because we don't have the front seven needed. That will/should be addressed next offseason IMO. Unless we reach on Pryor or Dix in the draft (which I will hate).

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jairus Byrd visiting the Saints? Aren't they in the same cap nightmare situation we are. Plus, they have Kenny Vacarro ?

Meanwhile, Jerry thinks we are fine with Church and random scrubs? Really?

Broncos got a huge steal in TJ Ward.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

We have to use our coupons in the draft.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What about Nate Allen? Had a decent rookie year then was hurt. Played better the second half of last season. I'd bring him in for a reasonable deal. Young and still has potential.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Define what you mean by "NEVER" and "win"

jblaze2004

Reaction score
we need better safety play. Qb's just throw the ball up and laugh at our safeties trying to make a play.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I could care less about safties. get me a young offensive lineman and a dt and a de and this team will be ready for the draft.